Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Movie quotes game

(See previous post for info on our Caribbean cruise!)

Who wants to play a game? Oh, you all do? Fabulous!

I totally stole this game from other blogs, but here's the basic gist. Below are quotations from 11 of my favorite movies. Your job is to Name That Movie. No cheating allowed--no using Google, no asking your significant other for help. You are on your own.

Easy enough, right? Don't wimp out on me--there should be at least one that's familiar to each of you. (Well, I can only speak for the people who comment here regularly, meaning my mom, my siblings, and my siblings-in-law. But even still, about half of these are pretty popular movies.) Answers will be posted sometime in the near future.

Ready... go!



1. "I'm not a witch, I'm your wife. But after what you just said, I'm not even sure I want to be that any more. "



2. "As you can see, the psuedo-facade was stripped away to reveal a minimalist rococo design. Note the unusual inversely vaulted ceilings. This is yet another example of the late neoclassic Baroque period. And, as I always say, 'If it's not Baroque, don't fix it!'"



3. "Good heavens, child, are you all right?"

"There was a bee."



4. "What would I say to him if he were really here? 'Forgive me. I have never known this feeling. I have lived without it all my life. Is it any wonder, then, I failed to recognise you? You, who brought it to me for the first time. Is there any way that I can tell you how my life has changed? Any way at all to let you know what sweetness you have given me? There is so much to say. I cannot find the words. Except for these: I love you.' Such would I say to him if he were really here."



5. "Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three."



6. "I see you're drinking 1%. Is that 'cause you think you're fat? 'Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole if you wanted to."



7. "I remember it, I do. It's there, I know it is, because when I look at you, I can feel it. And--and I look at you, and I... and I'm home. Please... I don't want that to go away. I don't want to forget."



8. "Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid."



9. "Look, I think it's only fair to warn you that I'm practiced in the ancient art... of origami! "

"Paper folding? "

"Oh... I was hoping you wouldn't know what that was."



10. "How do you all know this song? I've never heard this song before!"



11. "It gets worse. My parakeet, Petey."

"Yeah?"

"He's dead."

"Oh, man, I'm sorry. What happened?"

"His head fell off."

"His head fell off?"

"Yeah. He was pretty old."



P.S. It may be possible to bribe me into giving you hints...

5 comments:

Moz + Pam said...

Ok, Pete & I did this together:
1.) Princess Bride?
4.) Somewhere in Time!
5.) Monty Python
7.) Finding Nemo!
9.) Robin Hood Men in Tights?
11.)Dumb & Dumber?

Mary said...

Mom cheated! She used Pete to help her--you are disqualified!!

Ok, here's my answers:
1.Princess Bride
2.Beauty and the Beast
3.Ever After
4.
5.
6.Napoleon Dynamite
7.Finding Nemo
8.
9.Ella Enchanted
10.
11.Dumb and Dumber

I didn't think I'd get them all. Number 8 is really familiar to me, but I just can't place it. Ooh, I can't wait to find out the answers :)

Eden said...

Ok, let me see. If Steve were here, I pretty sure he'd get all of them b/c you and him seem to like the same movies. lol Mom's doesn't count!

1. Princess Bride
2. Beauty and the Beast
3. Ever After
4. Somewhere in Time
5. ?
6. ?
7. Finding Nemo
8. ?
9. Ella Enchanted
10. Enchanted
11. ?

Dave + Jess said...

I'm so bad at these games! I don't remember movie lines because I usually only see movies once and don't really remember much about them once they're over. So, good luck to everyone else!

Eden said...

Steve here. Wanting to keep the streak of 7 correct guesses going (at least for Mary and Eden - Sorry mom and pete).

1. Princess Bride
2. Beauty and the Beast
3.
4.
5. Monty Python's Holy Grail
6. Napoleon Dynamite
7. Finding Nemo
8. Pirates of the Caribbean (1st movie, i believe)
9.
10.
11. Dumb and Dumber

I think i should be the winner because... well, just because. Oh, also... Sara, putting a quote from Enchanted in here???? I mean, the movie hasn't come out on DVD yet, so it's a totally unfair quote, seeing as I haven't seen the movie. Ok, bye.