Thursday, March 27, 2008

I think I'll keep her

Just a few random stories...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I was the Workout Queen yesterday... I took a 15-minute walk at work, a 20- to 25-minute walk with Ari in the evening (since it was a gorgeous 50+ degrees when I got home), and still did 30 minutes on the Gazelle while I watched the last half of American Idol. And I kept my eating under control. (I've been a slacker ever since pigging out on Easter weekend.)

So this means I can have a candy bar today, right?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I opened the cabinet last night, looking for something to eat for dinner, and saw a brand-new box of Kellogg's Frosted Mini-Wheats staring me in the face. I yelped, "Aww, I love you!" out loud before realizing Tony wasn't home to hear me.

But I did remember to say thank you when he got home.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Tony, trying on a suit the other day to see how much it needed to be altered...

Tony: Well, I need to get these pants taken up. *chuckle* I don't usually have this problem.

Me: Welcome to my world.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I was on the computer last night while Ari sat/stood on the chair next to me, entertaining herself and trying every so often to climb on the table when she thought I wouldn't be paying attention. At one point, I felt her staring at me, so I turned to see what was up. Her lips were puckered up, and now that I was looking at her, she leaned in for a kiss. But not just one kiss--she kissed me about 10 times before finally dismissing me and returning to her regularly-scheduled shenanigans.

I think I'll keep her.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

2 comments:

Moz + Pam said...

Awwwwwwwwwww Ari is such a sweetie! I love moments like those where your child kisses you spontaneously! Such a blessing!

Dave + Jess said...

There's the sweet Ari we know and love!!

Yesterday was gorgeous weather, we went for our regular walk that we haven't been able to go on since Fall. It was sooo nice. Now I really can't wait until Spring-like weather! Great job working out!!