Friday, March 28, 2008

Breaking news and a survey

We interrupt this entry for some breaking news...

Well, since Josh posted an announcement in my sister's blog, I think that means it's safe for me to announce it too... my sister had her baby! She was induced in the wee early morning hours yesterday, March 27, and little Matthew Keith made his debut at 12:57 PM, tipping the scales at 9 lbs. 5 oz. and 22" long. I got to talk to Mary yesterday and she sounded tired, but overjoyed. They've sent pictures already, and I have to say, he is a handsome little guy.

And the best news of all is... I am going to get to meet him! I'll be flying out there the first weekend in May to spend 5 days showering him with snuggles and kisses. Oh yeah, and I'll get to see Mary and Josh, too. I am so excited about this trip, and I know the month of April is going to drag by as I wait to go.

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled program, already in progress...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I rarely do surveys, but not much is going on, so what the heck. I went through this one quickly and then deleted the questions I thought were dumb/boring/unworthy. So pay no attention to the numbers.

1. What is a question that people ask you that always gets on your nerves? "So, when are you going to have more kids?" (I'm waiting for the funny, funny comedian who's going to ask me this in my comments.)

2. Name something you have in common with all your siblings. We all look a lot alike--there's no way we can deny being related (darn it). Behold...



3. What is the greatest amount of physical pain you have ever been in? Being in labor. (Like you all didn't see that answer coming.)

6. Who is the last person you wrote a letter to on paper? My sister. Well, it was a card, but I filled up the entire inside of it with my rambling, so that totally counts as a letter.

7. Have you fired a gun before? Yup. My first time ever touching a gun was in 5th grade at summer camp, and I won a first-place trophy in riflery. *pats self on back* Last time I shot a gun was a few years ago in a shooting range with a friend of mine-- now that was some serious weaponry. (Oh, and also? I was really bad at it.) But it was awesome fun. I'd do it again, anytime.

12. Name a person whose diary you would love to read. Ariana (if only she knew how to write... or how to form complete sentences). Because I really want to know what's going on in that devious little head of hers.

14. Name something that makes you happy. A Love It size German Chocolate Cake creation from Coldstone. (I'm easy to please.)

16. If you were in an emergency situation and had to deliver a baby, could you do it? Am I the one giving birth? Because if I am, I guess I don't have a choice, huh?

17. What is on your refrigerator door? Oh, gosh, what's not on my refrigerator door?



See?

18. Name the closest thing to you that is green. My eyes. (Can't get much closer than that, huh?)

21. Name a movie you are looking forward to watching. Sweeney Todd. (Johnny Depp... *swoon*)

22. Have you ever called 911? Yes, only once, and no one answered. (True story.)

24. Do you own an iPod? Yes--finally I am one of the lemmings. But it only cost us $50, so that makes it better.

27. What CD is currently in your CD player? The soundtrack to Hairspray, the movie. (*so happy to have a working CD player in my car again*)

28. Do you prefer regular or chocolate milk? Do you even need to ask?

29. Has anyone told you a secret this week? Do the anonymous people at PostSecret count? Because in that case--yes. Tons of them.

30. When was the last time you had Starbucks? Never ever ever. Blech.

35. Would you ever date anyone covered in tattoos? No, silly. I'm married.

36. What did you do before this? I answered question #35.

38. How many hours of sleep do you need to function? Well, I can function on some level with any amount of sleep, or none at all. If you mean, "how many hours of sleep do you need to function well?" then... I don't know. But if I ever get the luxury of finding out, I'll be sure to let you know.

39. Are you picky about spelling and grammar? *laughs in the face of this question*

42. Do you watch the News? I can't answer this question until I know why they felt the need to capitalize "news."

44. Name the one place you would rather be right now. In bed, sleeping. On a cruise ship. In the Caribbean. With the window open and the warm ocean breeze lulling me to sleep...

46. Are you hiding anything from the world? Yes. (... What? You thought I was going to tell you? Ha!)

3 comments:

Moz + Pam said...

Someone so did tell you a secret this week...Mary told you she was being induced & told you not to tell anyone! That definitely was a secret this week! LOL! Most of your answers made me LOL!

Eden said...

Great survey!

Dave + Jess said...

Oh, so you are hiding something from the world? ARE YOU PREGNANT!??!? Baby said that he'd love more cousins to hang out with when he gets to CT...

Did you end up getting your shoes at Kohls?