Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving pictures, part 1

OK, so, on with the Thanksgiving pictures. Steve and Mary and their families arrived on Saturday night (last Saturday), so on Sunday afternoon, after Ari's nap, we headed down to my parents' house to see them all for the first time.

Ari absolutely loved both of her baby cousins. She wanted to hold Matthew (my sister Mary's little boy), so of course, I helped. (I don't know why she insisted on holding his face.)



Josh (Mary's husband) was a big hit with both Ari and Lyvi (Steve's little girl). I know this shot is blurry, but I still thought it was cute.



Mom had a couple small gifts for the girls to open, and in case you couldn't guess, they were books. Ari wanted to read hers with me right away. I cannot begin to tell you how much I love the way she loves to read.



Ari spent some quality time with Matthew...



Kissing his hand (don't ask me why)...



I love this shot because I love the expression on my sister's face...



Ari, Tony, Steve, and Lyvi were all camped out on the kitchen floor when I walked in. Without any prompting, Ari turned to me, said "Cheese" and pasted this perfect little smile on her face. Sure, she won't do it when I ask her to...



We went down to my parents' house the next night, too, after I got off work. I like this shot of Ari...



We attempted to get both of the girls to lay down on either side of Matthew so we could get a group picture. Guess who didn't want to cooperate? (You can see her in the upper corner, making her escape.)



That was the night we put up the Christmas tree, because we were going to celebrate Christmas on Thanksgiving Day. The girls were absolutely thrilled to help Mary and Josh put it together. Mary sorted through the branches, and the girls carried them to Josh.



I love these next few shots...



This one cracks me up, because I was sitting there begging them to smile, and both of them gave me the exact same expressionless face...



There's those smiles...



And that's all for now.

3 comments:

Moz + Pam said...

Cute, cute pics of all my favorite little people. But where are the pics of Micah?

Mary said...

Don't worry, Micah's coming. I guess I can't say she's saving the best for last, but how about she's saving the newest for last? ;)

I love the pics you put up so far. I need to get blogging too. I can't let you outdo me :)

Steve and Eden said...

Love the pics and post! You can outdo me all you want. lol I'll just refer everyone to Mary's, Jess's and your blog. It will totally save me time. lol I'll try to get some posted, but I doubt it will happen anytime soon.