Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving pics, part deux

I mentioned in my last entry that Ari loved both of her baby cousins, but only showed pictures of Matthew. I do have pictures of Micah, but they're still a little ways away. On Tuesday night, we went to Dave and Jess's house for dessert, but their little Micah (2 months old) went to sleep shortly after we got there, so I didn't get any pictures. So you'll have to wait until I get to the Thanksgiving Day pictures.

I got this picture of Ari as she was reaching up at me, trying to grab something from me. I don't remember what. Probably the camera. Anyway, get a load of those killer blue eyes. I'm proud of this picture because I adjusted the lighting all by myself with my snazzy photo-editing software (the background/floor was really dark).



I'm also quite proud of this picture, because I took it, and it came out awesome. Aren't my parents the cutest?



I took the day off work on Wednesday and spent the entire day at my parents'. My sister and I made a creamy pumpkin pie together, recording it in pictures "for posterity!" (we kept saying that, and cracking ourselves up). First, I posed with the Cool Whip.



Then I posed with the Jello mix.



And Mary posed with the pumpkin.



And then we posed together.



My mom with Matthew.



And Mary with Lyvi.



My silly girl.



Apparently, it is very tiring being Ari.



This picture cracks me up. I had just gotten done telling Ari not to touch the tree when Lyvi came up and started touching it. In this picture, Ari was yelling, "Lyvi, don't touch!"



OK, and this next set of pictures tells a little story. See, Ari wanted to read her storybook, and she wanted to read to Cinderella. So I sat Cinderella on the couch next to her, and Ari started reading.



Then Lyvi tried to snatch Cinderella. Notice her little hand in the right side of the picture, and notice that Ari has noticed.



So I told Lyvi to leave the doll there, but Ari took things into her own hands. She tucked Cinderella securely under her arm and continued reading (while still keeping a wary eye on Lyvi).



Ari also has a large Belle doll, so later on, the 2 girls decided that Belle and Cinderella wanted to see the Christmas tree. You can't tell in this picture, but they were both dancing a little as they looked at the tree (Ari and Lyvi, that is--not the dolls).



The boys played Wii in the afternoon, and I caught Tony in between turns to take this picture. Can you tell he's looking right past the camera at the TV?



And last but not least, a lovely family shot, taken by my sister.

2 comments:

Steve and Eden said...

Thoroughly enjoyed this post! Love the family pic!!!

Moz + Pam said...

Absolutely LOVE that family shot @ the end. It was fun revisting the family visit through your eyes. Now on to Thanksgiving, right? Huh? Huh? Huh?