Monday, December 8, 2008

The First Noel, according to Ari

Not much to report from the weekend, so I’ll share some Ari stuff.

One of Ari’s early Christmas gifts was a Little People nativity set from my mom. I actually thought this was a stroke of genius on my part... Mom asked me for some suggestions on what Little People set to get for Ari, and when I saw the nativity set, I figured I could kill 2 birds with one stone. She could have a fun toy to play with, plus I could teach her the Christmas story. Everyone wins.

She was showing me all the animals, proudly naming them. Yet believe it or not, in this picture, she was saying, “Cheese.” I might need to remind her that “cheese” is usually accompanied by a smile, not a grimace.



I set the whole thing up for her, including sitting the angel on top of the stable. (Am I the only one who thinks it’s weird that the set includes all 3 wise men, but no shepherds? Especially since the shepherds were the first ones there, and the wise men technically weren’t there right at Jesus’ birth. But I digress...)



But Ari decided that a wise man should go on top instead. And actually, that’s pretty much been the extent of how she plays with this—she just rotates various characters in and out of that spot.



So I set the whole thing back up for her again... and then she decided to enhance the scene. Why, yes, didn’t you know that all the characters from Beauty and the Beast were there at the first Christmas?



And lastly, a quick video. I forget when I took this, but it was definitely before Thanksgiving, so it’s a few weeks old. I was trying to get her to show off some of her latest skills, but Ivan proved to be a huge distraction. They are cute together, though, aren’t they? (And disregard our ugly comforter... the dogs kind of killed our old one and we got a super-cheapo one, figuring the dogs will probably eventually destroy this one as well.)


Ariana 11-08-1 from Sariana on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Oh my goodness, what a cute video! She looks like she's having lots of fun with Ivan :)