Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving pics III

So now we're up to Thanksgiving Day. Man, I have a lot of pictures. At least 2 more entries worth after this one. You've been warned.

Anyway, as I mentioned before, we came up with the brilliant idea to try to get a nice group picture of the 4 cousins together. Yep, 4 kids under the age of 3... I know, we were crazy, but we at least had to try. We didn't get "the perfect shot" but we sure got some shots that will make us laugh for years to come. Behold...

Micah took it upon himself to get us off to a great start by crying. And Ari did her best to cheer up the little guy.



Leave it to Ari to give us the perfect smile before we'd even officially started...



OK, so let's review here. From left to right we've got Matthew (8 months), Lyvi (2 1/2--just a few months older than Ari), Ari, and Micah (2 months). Matthew and Lyvi caught on to the idea right away. Ari was still preoccupied with comforting Micah.



We got Micah to stop crying, and got a nice smile from Lyvi.



Then the girls got restless. Oh, this is only the beginning...



Yes, that's my daughter, ever the dainty lady. And notice she's managed to wriggle one of her shoes off.



I put her shoe back on. But get a load of the look on her face. That right there is her "Hey, look, I'm doing something naughty--are you watching?" face. Devious little thing.



And the shoe is gone again. See how she's trying to hide it? But, look--a perfect smile from Matthew.



Ari is so DONE with pictures.



And then, for some reason, we decided to insert the grandparents. Lyvi was fully distracted by her cell phone, Ari was even more DONE than before, and the 2 boys were just chilling as usual (probably wondering what the heck was going on).



Notice my poor mom, trying desperately to pin Ari down while also trying not to let Micah slide out of her lap. Give that woman a gold star.



And for the grand finale, I present... probably the 2 best shots we got. Sure, no one's smiling, but they're all looking up in the general direction of the camera, eyes open, fully-clothed, not crying or pouting. I call that... SUCCESS.





Next entry... much more pleasant pictures from Turkey Day.

2 comments:

Moz + Pam said...

What a bunch of fun pictures. We'll laugh @ the memories in years to come & I see some blackmail pictures when the kids get older! ;)

Mary said...

Yeah, you're so kicking my butt in the picture department. I've gotten started, but then as I get into it, there's just so many pictures that it gets overwhelming. Maybe by the end of the week I'll have something up. Besides, Matthew only lets me get a little done at a time, so that slows things down. I know, excuses, excuses (you hear them every day) ;)