Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas with my parents

Last night, we had Christmas with my parents, since we’ll be with Tony’s family on Christmas Day. It was a really nice night—we had a great dinner (with appropriate Christmas music playing in the background) and it was just a very relaxed evening. I forgot the camera, so we broke out Mom and Dad’s new digital camera, set it up for them, and then used it. So, yay, I have pictures.

We were trying to get Ari to say “cheese” and look at the camera at the same time. As you can see here, she was saying “cheese” and I was pointing at the camera, trying to get her to look that way. FAIL.



I helped her show off a few gifts for the camera…



Ari got a giant box of clothes… really cute stuff…



And of course, she wanted to help me open my gifts, too. I think her favorite part of Christmas is just opening the gifts—once they’re open, she’s not too thrilled with the contents, but starts looking for the next thing she can unwrap.



Among my gifts was…



(It’s the first season of Pushing Daisies, if you can’t tell.)

I think this might have been Ari’s favorite gift. This sorry excuse for a smile is what we get all the time now. Maybe we should just stop asking her to smile.



I like this shot…



Tony and Ari… and the infamous “cheese” face.



A family shot, with someone not cooperating…



Oh, look! Ari’s looking at the camera! And smiling! And… she has something green in her teeth. (It’s a Swedish fish, in case you were curious.) And it’s blurry anyway. Oh well. We still have time to come up with a good shot for our New Year’s cards.



Like I said earlier, we’re heading down to visit Tony’s family for Christmas. The plan is for us to leave tonight after I get home from work, especially since tomorrow’s forecast is calling for freezing rain and sleet in the morning. But I’m not sure entirely sure how that’s going to happen, since none of us are packed.

More than likely, I’m not going to have internet access while we’re gone. Oh well. I was internet-less for longer than that when we went on our cruise, so I can make it.

Anyway, I should go ahead and wish you all a Merry Christmas now. Try not to miss me too much, OK? Be strong… I know it will be hard, but you can survive.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Sara, I like the sweater you're wearing in the pics--very cute! And I love Ari's favorite gift--I want it too :) Just kidding, Mom. Don't go out and buy it for me :) But when I was younger, oh yeah, I would have been all about that.

Hey, I know that infamous cheese face. I see it on my own kid when he's in a goofy mood.

Dave + Jess said...

Mom and Dad's new camera works really well! I'm sure they were happy that you set it up for them.

Christmas is being really stretched out this year, it seems. You guys will have three Christmases, right? It looks like Ari enjoyed all her gift-opening. With Mom, it can be a marathon, but it looks like you all pulled through nicely!!

I already said it in an email I sent you, but I'll say it again: be safe traveling and have a merry, merry Christmas!!

Steve and Eden said...

Merry Merry Christmas to you all!!!

I've seen Ari's favorite gift and stores and have considered getting it for Olyvia for Christmas since we aren't having "Christmas" until our tree get here from CA. lol

I'm so glad that Mom and Dad's camera works well and that it got used. Steve meant to help them set it up while we were there, but it just never happened. lol

Love you guys. Praying for ya'll safety.

Moz + Pam said...

Love all the pics from our new digital camera! It's great having a digital camera! No more film or developing costs! Thanks Steve, Eden & Olyvia! Have a safe trip & a Merry Christmas! See you for New Year's?