Sunday, December 21, 2008

Of boots and Noah *EDIT for pics*

As if we didn't get enough snow on Friday, today we're getting another 4-6 inches. We even cancelled church this morning due to the weather. I am so sick of snow... and it's only the first day of winter.

But one person who loves the snow is Ari. We've bundled her up a few times to take her outside to play in it. Of course, her winter gear consists of boots, which is a somewhat-new word to her. When she says "boots" it comes out sounding like "boobs," so I've been gently correcting her by saying, "No, Ari--say boots... booTs," putting emphasis on the T.

Last night, when we were getting ready to go outside, Ari was naming all the things I needed to put on her. She pointed at her boots on the stairs and said, "Boobs. Boobs. No, Ari, say boots. Boots."

Good to know she's paying attention.

And in a totally unrelated story... Ari has a Noah's Ark Little People set that she loves to play with, which includes, with all the animals, a Noah figurine. We were watching TV yesterday, and when Santa came on the screen, she pointed and yelled, "Noah!"

I told her it was Santa, and she just gave me a blank stare. Ehh, I suppose it's a good thing she doesn't know who Santa is yet.

And that's all I've got for today. I've got freelance work to do, along with regular work too (since I left early on Friday), so I'd better take advantage of the extra time I have today and get to work.


*** EDIT *** (because I'm a dork and forgot to add these pictures...)

Getting ready to go play in the snow...



I was trying to get a picture of her entire outfit and she was having none of it. Can't say that I blame her, though.



OK, now I'm done. I promise.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Aw, she's a very cute pink snowball :)

Moz + Pam said...

She's so sweet whatever she's doing. You gotta love her!

Steve and Eden said...

Too cute!

dave + jess said...

Ari looks so cozy in all of her snow gear!