Friday, April 18, 2008

You're just here for the videos, right?


It is supposed to be in the high 70s today, maybe even touching 80. I'm loving this warm weather, but I also wouldn't mind if it cools off a little. I'd like to see a little bit of spring before we dive into summer. I'm wearing my fabulous new Skechers shoes today. It's probably more of a sandal/flip-flop day, but you know how it is when you get something new--you take advantage of the first opportunity to wear it.


"The Office" last night... oh. my. gosh! Don't worry, I'm not going to spoil the show for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. But I loved nearly every minute of it. I was doing sit-ups during the show (which means I was mostly just laying on the floor), and there were several moments where I popped up and yelled/exclaimed at the TV, despite the fact that I was watching it alone. When Tony got home, I made him watch the entire episode with me--and I had to bite my tongue to keep from giving away key scenes (and to keep from squealing again at certain scenes). I love this show.


I got together with Dawn last night to hang out and go for a walk. I had Ari with me, and Dawn was watching Brandon's 2 kids so he could get some work done around the house. We walked for about half an hour or so with the kids in the strollers, and then took them to a nearby playground. Ari's face as we approached the playground was priceless--it was one of those "wow, look at this place!" kinds of faces. She had a great time, and especially loved the biggest slide in the place. This slide had to be about 12 feet high, with a set of steep stairs leading up to the top. With no hesitation, she grabbed the railings and launched herself up the steps, while I climbed up nervously behind her (because I am afraid of heights, and that's how tall/steep this slide was). She whizzed down the slide, and then went on it several more times. I actually had to drag her away from it when it was time to leave. My little daredevil.


Here are a couple of Ari videos from a couple weeks ago. The funny thing to me when I watch these videos is that they don't really capture how much this kid actually talks. You know how it is--the camera comes out, and the kid refuses to "perform." But they at least give you an idea of some of the words she's saying.

Here she's reading one of her books to us. Don't ask me to interpret everything she's saying, because there are lots of words in there that I don't recognize. When I ask her what the bird says, she answers "Caw, caw" and then repeats it a bunch of times, getting higher-pitched each time.



And this is that animal book I was telling you about--the one that's her favorite. (And yes, I know the TV is kind of loud in the background--my bad.) You can hear her say "doggie" really clearly. Oh, and that lame joke that Tony tries to make? He was just showing off for the camera. (I swear, sometimes I think I have two kids...) And then when Ari finally finds the fish, she says "shower" and "bubbles" (and "water," I think?) but not "fishy." Go figure.




That's really all I've got. Tomorrow is supposed to be another beautiful, summer-like day, and we're getting together with Matt, Kristin and Nick, so maybe I'll be back after the weekend with some pictures.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Ok, so not all birds say "caw, caw," but crows do, right? See, she's got it right after all ;)

Tony's such a brat. That's something Josh would say too :)

Moz + Pam said...

I was just gonna say what Mary said about crows saying Caw Caw but she beat me to it! You should send Mahboobeh & Fahkreddin an email telling them how much Ari loves their book! They'd be pleased. As far as the weather, did Ryan & Yana luck out for their wedding tomorrow, or what?!