Thursday, June 4, 2009

"My Song" and other pictures

My brother Steve, his wife Eden and my niece Olyvia (who is 3 months older than Ari) are here visiting for the week. I already have a ton of pictures, and the week is only half over. It's going to take me a while to sort through them all, I'm sure, but to get things rolling, here are a few miscellaneous shots from the past few days...

Me and my brother Steve. Can't tell we're related, huh?



Me, getting attacked by toddlers. Actually, I think I grabbed Lyvi, and then Ari jumped me...



...and then they knocked me over. But based on the way Lyvi is positioned, I think it was just Ari that pushed me down. She is frighteningly strong.



Tony was leaning down to hand some toys to Micah, and I couldn't resist being silly and jumping on his back. And it didn't even faze him.



Me and the husband, looking a bit more normal.



Spending so much time at my parents' house lately has led to some interesting discoveries. Like old family pictures... (Seriously, how cute was I?)



And this forgotten gem... a song that my piano teacher made me write. I think she wanted me to practice all the technical elements, such as different types of notes and putting the right number of beats in each measure. I'm fairly sure I was more focused on those types of things than on any kind of pretty melody, but hey... at least I can say I wrote a song. (It looks, though, like my teacher was the one who wrote this all out--I know the handwriting isn't mine, but it's a little harder to tell with the notes and such.) Don't you love the super-creative title, too? I wrote this in February 1986, so I was 9 years old.

2 comments:

Moz + Pam said...

You were an adoreable toddler!! I see alot of you in Ari @ this age, especially the energy level!! LOL!! ;)

Mary said...

Aw, I'm glad you guys are all having fun. I love Lyvie's pigtails and outfit. Very summery.

You think you and Tony look normal in that picture? ;)

I think Dave's expression in that first family pic looks like Micah's face sometimes.

You wrote a song? I never knew. Neato freato!