Friday, June 12, 2009

Your recommended daily serving of light and fluffy randomness


I love Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pop Tarts. Probably more than I should. Especially since I've got myself convinced that they're healthy because they're a breakfast food and surely they must be fortified with ... stuff ... just like cereals are.


I went for a walk the other night with my BFF Dawn and her daughter. And afterwards, I got dragged to Dairy Queen. I wasn't kicking and screaming or anything, but I did put up a rather feeble protest. And then she offered to pay. How is a girl supposed to be strong in the face of temptation like that?

My Oreo Blizzard (with chocolate ice cream, of course) was quite delicious... thanks for asking.


I watched the last half of the Tony Awards on Sunday night (I forgot it was on, otherwise I would have DVRed the whole thing). It was fun, as always, to see the different performances. Now, all of a sudden, I kind of want to see "Hair," simply because the song they performed was so much fun.

I missed seeing Bret Michaels get beaned on the head with a piece of the set. Observe...



I really shouldn't make fun, though... poor guy broke his nose.


I came across a show the other night called "Magic's Biggest Secrets Finally Revealed." I've seen it before--I recognized the magician and his creepy little mask (which I presume he wears so that other magicians don't hunt him down and lynch him for giving away all their tricks). Shows like that absolutely fascinate me because... well, because I am dumb. Seriously, I am a magician's dream volunteer--I cannot for the life of me ever figure out a trick, and I am always in awe. Any given magic show--whether it's a street performer or someone fancy like David Copperfield--commands my attention, and I sit there like a little kid, mouth hanging open, completely impressed, wondering, "How did they DO that?"


A quick reminder for all my fellow "Pushing Daisies" fans... the series finale (*sniff*) airs tomorrow night at 10 PM on ABC.


So that sunburn I got last Saturday? It's peeling now. I've been lotioning up my shoulders like crazy, in an effort to avoid this, but no such luck. It itches like crazy and looks so gross. Blech.


I listened while Tony read Ari "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" before bedtime a few nights ago. When he was done, she insisted on reading it to him, and I listened in awe as she "read" the book nearly perfectly. Yes, I know she's not really reading... which means she has the book memorized... which, to me, is even more impressive. And she even read it with feeling, too... for example, emphasizing the word "still" every time she said, "But he was still hungry."

There were a couple times she hesitated, and, wanting to be helpful, I supplied the word(s) for her. About the second time I did this, she politely said, "Mommy, don't talk." From that moment on, anytime she halted, she would look at me out of the corner of her eye as she thought, as if daring me to speak.

Also, she says "cocoon" as "muh-coon." It's too cute to correct her. Just like I don't correct her for calling the monkey bars "nunkey bars."


Ari and I were goofing off in the car the other day... we play this game a lot, saying "I love you" back and forth, usually with me starting my reply before she's done talking. Which is a bit presumptuous sometimes.

Ari: I love Mommy.

Me: But I love YOU.

Ari: I love Mommy!

Me: But I love you!

Ari: I love Mommy!

Me: But I love you!

Ari: I love Daddy!

Me: But I lo-- Oh.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Mm, those pop-tarts sound good if they were warm, though I've never had them before. I usually like the fruity ones, like frosted strawberry and the like.

Ooh, Dairy Queen! It's the perfect weather for ice cream, and I think this baby inside me really craves it ;) By the way, we got a coupon in a flyer that said all dads on Father's Day get free ice cream from Coldstone. I don't know if it's a national thing or not, but seriously, did they do that for Mother's Day? Cause they really should have.

Ooh, that looks like a bad hit. I'd hate to break my nose. I always think of Marcia Brady and how gross her nose looked in that Brady Bunch episode.

Moz + Pam said...

Cute conversation!