Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Last batch of pictures

(In case you haven't seen them yet, there are 3 more entries of pics below this one.)

OK, now for the last batch of pictures. These are from last Saturday, which was Steve, Eden and Lyvi's last day here. We (meaning us, them, and my parents and grandmother) went to a state park (same one we went to on Memorial Day, actually) and the weather could not have been more perfect. It was sunny and warm, but the breeze kept everything cool. I was actually a smidge chilly all day, even in the sun. Which is why I didn't realize how much sun I was getting. Which is why I ended up with sunburnt shoulders. But at least I remembered to put sunscreen on my kid, so yay for that.

I love this one of Ari and Lyvi... I asked them both to look at me and smile, and what do you know, they did.



After lunch, we headed down to the beach...





Ari found a bug. (Have I mentioned that she calls a bug "a fuzzy"? It's so cute.)



Steve and I took pictures of each other taking pictures of each other because we are so super-cool like that.



Tony picked up a set of beach stuff for Ari--a couple pails and shovels and few other containers for making sand castles and such. This shovel did not quite make it through the day. I decided to memorialize it in this portrait, which I entitled.... aw, crap. I had a super-dramatic title when I took the picture, because I remember telling it to Steve, and now it's gone. Just like this shovel. *sob*



Tony got right to work building a somewhat-elaborate sand castle.







Ari finally got around to kicking off her Crocs (hand-me-downs from Lyvi) and discovered the joy of feeling sand between her toes. And she promptly buried her feet in the sand.



Tony's finished sand castle, complete with broken-shovel-handle-repurposed-as-a-flag.



And then Tony gave the order for the girls to destroy the castle. They were almost a bit hesitant at first, but quickly got into it and smashed the thing to bits.







Eden took a family portrait for us.



The closer-up version...



When we got back to our picnic table, we had a little visitor. And our arrival made no difference to him--he kept snacking away, and Tony found a few more bits of food to toss at him.



And then it was bubble-blowing time. Ari loves this...



After blowing for a while, she decided she needed to chase them...





One of my favorite shots of the day... I love the look of concentration on her face...



And so ends the Great Picture Dump.

2 comments:

Mary said...

The Great Picture Dump? Sounds lovely, my dear :)

Yeah, it doesn't look like it was chilly from the pics, because of all the sand and sun, but it looks like it was a blast! It's nice that Ari and Lyvie got to spend some time together.

She calls it "a fuzzy"? Wonder where that came from. Catepillars are fuzzy, I suppose.

Good job on your sand castle, Tony! I'm so proud of you!

Moz + Pam said...

Looks like the grandgirls had a great time @ the beach! Wish we could have stayed but we had a party to get to. Thanks for sharing all the pics! I'm glad Lyv & Ari had a chance to experience the beach together. Did they get into the water?