Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Beginning of the birthday festivities

We spent the afternoon at my parents' house for Father's Day, and my mom surprised me by asking me if we wanted to have Ari open her birthday gifts while we were there. Mom and Dad are going to be away the weekend of her birthday, so I guess she wanted to take advantage of the fact that we were all together. (I can't believe Ari's going to be THREE in less than 2 weeks, but that's another tangent.) So there are pictures, of course...

Ari, me, and my mom...



She gots movies... (And, I swear, we do brush her hair. Honest. It's just out of control. I really need to work on getting her used to having barrettes and ponytails in it.)



My mom found this little doll named "Princess Ariana." My mom is the queen of finding perfect gifts.



She got some books, some markers, and some sticker books (her current favorite thing)...



Included in the pile of gifts were a couple from Steve, Eden and Lyvi. Lyvi has this same puzzle and she and Ari had a lot of fun putting it together while they were visiting. I don't know what's up with Ari's weird face here, but as soon as the gift-opening was done, Ari insisted on putting this puzzle together right away.



She also got a dress from them. A size 4, but I'm betting it will fit her now. Tall girl...



The significant thing about this picture is that we caught my brother Pete... and his entire face... and he's smiling! Oh yeh and Ari got a cute dress.



Again with the weird face. This is what happens when we ask her to say "cheese." Maybe we need a different word...



She was much more excited about these sunglasses than she appears in this picture...



Ari and all her loot...



And that is all. Like I said before, she'll be 3 in less than 2 weeks. We really should start planning her party...

3 comments:

Mary said...

2 weeks and she'll be 3? Holy cow, that went fast!

For some reason, I kept thinking it was me in the pics instead of you. Hm, do we look alike or something?

The dress from Lyvie is cute, and I totally thought that was Steve in the background and not Pete. Maybe my vision is failing me tonight :)

Moz + Pam said...

We were so glad we could see her opening her gifts. I'm sure she didn't mind at all opening them early! It was fun. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

dave + jess said...

I remember visiting Ari in the hospital those (many} three years ago! Ari, stop growing up! You're very cute just the way you are!!!