Saturday, June 20, 2009

"Hey, what's the big idea?"


I don't remember if I mentioned it here, but a couple weeks back, I got a chip in my mostly-brand-new windshield. Well, it wasted no time in morphing into a crack. The good thing is that it's way over on the passenger side, so it's not in my line of vision. The bad thing is that that means I keep forgetting that it's there. I really need to look into getting it fixed.


I fail to see how a shampoo or conditioner can claim to straighten hair. I mean, I could see how maybe a hairspray or a gel could help the straightening process, but a shampoo? I say this because I went to buy some shampoo/conditioner the other day, and rather than getting the same old stuff, I decided to try something new and grabbed a bottle of Herbal Essences Dangerously Straight shampoo + conditioner. It's not that I expected it to make my hair magically straight (and, for the record, it makes no difference at all in how my pre-straightened hair looks)... it just got me thinking that that seems like a weird claim for a shampoo to make.

Anyway, non-straightening aspects aside, I'm not a big fan of the shampoo. Think I'll go back to my Pantene Beautiful Lengths crap next time around.


They recently installed automatic hand-soap dispensers in the bathrooms at work, and for some reason, my brain seems to think that means that the sinks are now automatic, too. I can't even tell you how many times I've stood there with my hands hovering under the faucet, wondering why the water isn't coming on, only to remember that yeh, it's not automatic, dummy.


It occurred to me the other day that I cannot, for the life of me, write lowercase Q's. They come out all garbled and weird, and then I have to trace over them, which only makes it worse. The only way I can write them is if I really stop and concentrate, and even then, they still look a bit wonky. Am I the only one?


My charming little daughter has picked up a new phrase, straight from the mouth of Donald Duck: "Hey, what's the big idea?!" So far, she only says it jokingly, not with an attitude or anything, and it cracks me up. I am just waiting for her to bust out with "How exasperating!" any day now.


Lately, Ari's been waking up while I'm getting ready for work in the morning, so she'll wander into the bathroom and hang out with me for a bit before going to wake up Tony. We had the following conversation the other day...

Me: Hey, Ari, do you want to do something for Mommy?

Ari: What?

Me: Can you go into the hall closet and get a new bar of soap?

Ari: (whines) But I don't want to go back to bed!

Me: Um... Ari? Did you even hear what I said?

Ari: (blankly) What?

Me: I said, can you go get a new bar of soap for me?

Ari: (brightly) OK!

Yes, folks, she gets her first-thing-in-the-morning alertness from me.


And that's all I've got for now, kids. Happy weekend to you all... and Happy Father's Day to all those father-type figures out there!

2 comments:

Mary said...

I agree. That's a stupid claim for a shampoo to make.

Dude, lowercase Q's are hard to write. I always want to write a lowercase G instead.

Ha! She must sound so cute saying that phrase :)

Love your conversation. Cracked us up!

Moz + Pam said...

Love the conversation!!