Friday, June 26, 2009

Of Twizzlers, Vienna Fingers, Nutter Butters and Dove chocolate (Hungry yet?)


So there's this line I always throw at Tony... He has the tendency, when he loses his train of thought mid-conversation, to say out loud, "What was I saying?" To which I like to answer, "That you love me. Can't live without me." Not only because it's true, but also because it derails his train of thought even further, which amuses me.

So the other night I was surfing TV channels when I came across "Fools Rush In." It's one of those movies I will always, always stop to watch, and it was almost over, so I settled right in. In the scene where Salma Hayek is in labor, she starts screaming in Spanish during a contraction. An EMT-type-person asks Matthew Perry what she just said, and he replies, "That she loves me. Can't live without me." I can't believe, with all the times I've seen this movie, that I never realized that's where I got my line from. And here I thought I was being so original.


My kidlet is turning 3 in a week. And since the 4th of July falls on a Saturday this year, that means I get next Friday off, which means I have her birthday off. Not that she's really going to notice or care, but it's still cool.


Tony and I were chatting a couple nights about what we needed from Target. We usually hit up Target because it's just one exit up the highway, and Wal-Mart is a bit farther. (Plus, I just like Target better, but that's beside the point.) As we were talking, I grinned and said, "You know... if you went to Wal-Mart instead, they have Twizzlers on sale."

He smiled back and said, "I was already planning on going there."

"Why? Just to get Twizzlers?"

"Yup."

He rocks. And I'm going to have to send him on another run soon, because the Twizzlers are now almost gone. It's a sickness, I know.


Speaking of food, I am craving some Vienna Fingers and Nutter Butters in the worst way. And Dove chocolate (because they totally make the best chocolate).

All I ever think about is junk food, apparently.


I was reminded the other day that Tim Burton is remaking "Alice in Wonderland," starring Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter. Tim Burton + Johnny Depp always assures brilliance, but add the splendid insanity of "Alice in Wonderland" to the mix? This may very well be the Best Movie Ever.

Johnny Depp was on Letterman last night and as I watched, it occurred to me that I think that was the first time I've ever seen him on a talk show. He seemed awkward and uncomfortable the whole time. But it was adorable, of course.


I have come to the conclusion that I don't like my ankles.

Also, I hate my hair. But that's not news.


Oh, yeh, and by the way... I'm going to New York City tomorrow! But not alone... this time, I will be accompanied by my awesometastic friend Kim, and I will be playing the role of tour guide, since she has never been. I am so excited... not only to get to see my beloved city, but also to get to show it off to one of my favorite people. Plus, it looks like the weather is going to be perfect--hot, yes, but at least no rain is in the forecast. NYC, here we come!

2 comments:

Mary said...

I was on a Starburst kick not too long ago. And I could still be on it, if I went out and bought some, that is.

Why am I not surprised at Johnny Depp's next movie? He always plays the wacky characters. Except for that bank robber movie that's out or almost out. He actually has a normal face and voice in it. Who woulda thunk it?

Moz + Pam said...

Sara, just beware you don't gain back all that weight you lost eating all that candy! It's easy to do. I'm a prime example!