Saturday, May 30, 2009

I smell weird

Just a little bit of randomness, with pictures...


I watched the last hour or so of the Scripps Spelling Bee the other night (I would have watched more, but I forgot it was on), and spent the whole time cluttering up my Twitter feed with comments. I am such a nerd. I know this.

Also, I totally knew the winning word, both spelling and meaning: Laodicean. Of course, that was also the only word I recognized, but that's beside the point. I can still strut around telling people, "Yeh, I knew the winning word for the Scripps Spelling Bee."


So a few of Tony's friends came over last Monday night to mooch our grill. Well, I say "Tony's friends" but really, they are mutual friends. It's just that they're all guys, so they're more his friends than mine... anyway, that's beside the point. Greg left me this little message on the fridge...



I didn't notice it until the next night, and I was just starting to razz Tony about misspelling "weird" when it dawned on me that Tony wasn't the one who had done it. Let's just say this is typical Greg, when it comes to me, anyway. He lives to harass me.


Tony bought ice cream the other night, and brought home a container that was half vanilla, half chocolate. See, he likes vanilla and I like chocolate, and neither of us will eat the other kind, so it was perfect. Someone, however, is not living up to his half of the bargain...



I know I just said I don't like vanilla... but with enough chocolate syrup mixed in, it can become quite yummy and if he doesn't dig into his half soon, I may be forced to take those kinds of drastic measures. I mean... we wouldn't want perfectly good ice cream to go to waste, would we?


Ari was sitting on the toilet the other night before bed, she started singing a made-up song... it went something like, "Mommy and Ari is sitting on the potty and Daddy's downstairs watching TV, E-I-E-I-E." I was impressed that it kind of rhymed.


I just realized that I forgot I had these pictures on my BlackBerry. Our town had a little event going on a couple weeks ago, and Ari had her first pony ride. No fear at all... she got right on that horse, held on tight, and was good to go, with no one even holding on to her. She is totally her father's daughter.



2 comments:

Moz + Pam said...

Cool!! Looks like Ari enjoyed her first pony ride!!

Mary said...

We watched the spelling bee too, and we thought it was so cool that we knew the last word too! Josh said in an earlier round they watched at work, that the word was "Sheol," and he bragged to his co-workers a little that he knew that one :)

Mmm, ice cream of any kind is good to me.

Looks like Ari and Lyvie had their first pony rides around the same time.