Sunday, February 8, 2009

A tale of pigtails

Look what my daughter let me do to her hair...



The double barrettes were her idea... we bought them at Target the other night, and she insisted on a set of barrettes from each package.



I have given up on getting her to pose for me. So I simply think of things for her to do that will get her to hold still for 2 seconds... like giving the dogs treats.



And then she wanted to take a picture of me, so I let her. I held the camera steady, but she pushed the button. Not too shabby, eh?



Anyway, back to the pigtails... I did her hair like that on Saturday when we went to Target (when we bought the barrettes), and I also did it like for church this morning. The most impressive part is that she actually left her hair alone all through church and lunch afterwards. Of course, by the time we got home (after stopping for a couple errands on our way), she had torn out both the barrettes and elastics, but overall, she seems to really be digging this idea of having her hair done up. She likes to shake her head and feel the pigtails flop around, and she's in love with these new barrettes. Maybe she's just happy to have that mess of hair out of her eyes.

3 comments:

Mary said...

It looks really cute. Yeah, she must like that it's out of the way. I didn't always like to hold still when Mom did my hair, but when it was done, I was glad that it wasn't in my face anymore.

Moz + Pam said...

I guess I started something when I put her hair in a ponytail that time, huh? She looks so cute! She must like that it isn't in her face anymore.

dave + jess said...

Very stylish, Ari-girl!! Baby Micah liked looking at your new hair style.

I like that pic of you Sara, very cute!