Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Randomosity

Just some randomness that I need to clear out of my brain to make room for all the deep thoughts that are waiting. (Stop laughing.)


Last night, I made the best brownies in the history of brownie-making. I found the recipe on the back of a bag of cookie dough mix that I had, and it was so easy. Basically, you mix up a brownie mix as normal and spread it in the pan. Then you mix up a cookie mix as normal and drop the dough by teaspoonfuls on top of the brownie batter, and press it down slightly (that helps the cookie dough sink into the brownies as it bakes). The directions I had said to bake for 35-40 minutes at 350... so in other words, just a little longer than whatever time you normally cook brownies. And oh my gosh, you guys... I can't even tell you how good these brownies are. The recipe also calls for them to be topped with chocolate frosting once they're cool, but yeh, like I was going to wait for them to cool to sample them. To me, they're fine without the frosting. Anyway, try it. You will thank me.


I'm singing this song in church next Sunday. So this is my reminder to myself to practice it. I've sung it before, but it's been a while... Very pretty song...




In case you ever need to know... baby wipes, with a dab of dishwashing detergent, will remove permanent marker from skin. And Mr. Clean Magic Eraser gets it off walls and doors. That's my PSA (Parent Service Annoucement) for the day.


Speaking of PSAs, while Tony and I were watching "Law & Order: SVU" the other night, there was a PSA featuring Mariska (pronounced "mah-RISH-kuh," by the way) Hargitay (surprise, surprise). I forget the exact wording, but it was something about how loving someone means caring about them, not hitting or hurting them. So as soon as she said that, I whacked Tony in the arm. He didn't believe me when I said it was a love tap.


I watched a bit of "Superman Returns" the other day. Man, that new guy sure does resemble Christopher Reeve. But... he's no Christopher Reeve, you know?


Speaking of Mr. Reeve, has anyone seen the movie "Somewhere in Time," starring him and Jane Seymour? I loved that movie as a teen, and I just read the book this weekend. Totally mushy, gooey love story, but hey, I'm a sap.


Have you ever stopped to think who would play the part of You, if they ever made a movie of your life? I think, for me, it would be Janeane Garofalo... she's a short, sarcastic brunette, just like me.... she'd be perfect.




I am really, really tired of my winter wardrobe. My warm-weather clothes are so much cuter. And there's so much more variety. I'm sick of wearing pants every single day.


It's amazing how something as simple as just getting your hair trimmed (in other words, not changing the style at all) can make your hair look SO much better.


I sliced a big chunk of skin out of my ankle when I was shaving yesterday--right above my heel, and right where the back of my shoe hits, which means it hurts every time I walk, despite the super-cool Disney princess band-aid protecting it. You would think, after this many years of shaving, that I would know how to do it without injuring myself. Sometimes I really think I shouldn't be allowed to be a grown-up.


And I think I'm done here.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Ooh, those brownies do sound good, since they combine two of life's best desserts, brownies and cookies :) I think you should make some more and send them to me, since you are so darn good at it and all ;)

Hey, that is a good cleaning tip. I might have to remember that one for the future.

Ooh, we like Superman Returns. True, he's not Christopher Reeve, but since we are Smallville fans, we are used to someone else playing the role, and we think Brandon whoever did a really good job. We also liked Kevin Spacey doing Lex Luthor, and the guy who did Jimmy Olsen was great as well. I promise, I'm not a comic book nerd, but I kinda sound like one anyway.

Man, I cut myself shaving the other day too, and I remember thinking, Boy, it's been a long time since I've done this.

You sent me some cute Disney princess band-aids, and I had to use one yesterday when I got a papercut. Those are gonna last a while, cause Josh would never use one, and I can't put a girly bandage on Matthew.

Ok, I think my comments to your randomosity are complete. Although I do have one more thought. If my life were a movie, who would play me? I have no idea...

Moz + Pam said...

Sorry you hurt your self shaving. Isn't that such a bummer? I have no problem with the new Superman but I DO have a problem that he has a kid! Totally not in character. I'm disallusioned with my favorite superhero now! LOL! J/K!

Mary said...

Ah mother, you are forgetting one important fact. In one of the original Superman movies, Lois Lane spends the night at the fortress, therefore implying that they could have had a kid together. So technically it is in character for him. :)