Friday, February 13, 2009

Keep that breathless charm

Valentine's Day 2006 was the day I found out that the little munchkin growing inside of me was going to be a girl. Looking back, I think maybe that was the moment the whole pregnancy became really real to me. Because now this baby was no longer a nameless, genderless being inside of me... now "it" was a "she" and "she" was "Ariana Juliet." I wasn't just going to be a mother... I was going to be a mother to a daughter. It was exactly what I wanted.

So I thought, in honor of this Valentine's Day, rather than dedicate an entry Tony, I'd dedicate this entry to the 2nd greatest love of my life, and share some of my favorite pictures of me and Ari. I really wanted to write something more to accompany the pictures, but I'm struggling to find the right words. So instead, I'll let Mr. Sinatra speak for me, with the words of the song I sing to Ari every night before bed.


Someday, when I'm awfully low



When the world is cold



I will feel a glow just thinking of you



And the way you look tonight



Yes you're lovely, with your smile so warm



And your cheeks so soft



There is nothing for me but to love you,
And the way you look tonight




With each word your tenderness grows



Tearing my fear apart



And that laugh that wrinkles your nose



It touches my foolish heart



Lovely... never, ever change



Keep that breathless charm.
Won't you please arrange it?




'Cause I love you... Just the way you look tonight



Just the way you look tonight

3 comments:

Mary said...

Love it!! The pics you shared were so great, and what a neat idea to dedicate your entry to Ari (no offense, Tony, we all love you too)

Matthew made me a V-day card. I'll have to blog about it soon.

Happy V-day!

Moz + Pam said...

Loved all the great pictures of you & Ari-girl! What a sweet entry! Love that song, too!

dave + jess said...

What a neat post, Sara! I liked seeing how much Ari has changed, yet looks the same. Amazing how much happens in 2.5 years...well even in 5 months. Happy Valentine's Day to all three of you. I love you guys!