Monday, February 16, 2009

Lazy Monday

I love Monday holidays. It's nice to have an extra day added to your weekend. Right now, Ari is fully engrossed in an episode of Handy Manny. She had some yogurt for breakfast and I had a bowl of Frosted Flakes. We have no specific plans for the day, but it will more than likely end up being a laundry day. I guess we'll figure that out once Tony wakes up.

It's been a fairly busy weekend so far. Saturday afternoon, we got together with some friends. We planned to get together with Matt and Kristin, and their friends Todd and Michelle were coming in from out of town with their son Logan (we've met them before, and seen them several times since). Kristin and Michelle were planning to get pedicures done, so I ended up tagging along. It was my first time ever having a pedicure, and it was wonderful to be pampered and have someone else paint my toenails for me. I picked out a sparkly purple for my toes... it came out lighter than I thought it would, but I still like it. I am definitely going to have to do this pedicure thing again sometime... maybe in the summer, when my feet aren't always covered in socks and shoes. And I will have to try a manicure sometime soon, too.

After our pedicures, we headed back to Matt and Kristin's house and just hung out for the evening. The kids played fairly nicely... most of the scuffles were between Ari and Nick, since they're the same age. Logan is only 18 months, so he kind of did his own thing. We had pizza for dinner, cupcakes for dessert, and once the kids were in bed, we played a few rounds of Apples to Apples.

Yesterday was church as usual. Brandon and Kerry are out of town, so I took over Kerry's "job" of speaking in between songs during the worship service. Plus, I sang a solo... even though it was a song I've done before, I was still so nervous. I don't know why... I have no problem speaking in front of people or singing in a group (even if the song involves some solo lines), but singing completely by myself still terrifies me.

In the afternoon, we went to my parents' house for dinner. Dave, Jess and Micah were there too, and it was nice to see them again. Micah just turned 5 months old, and he is such a smiley little guy. Dave and Jess left shortly after lunch was over, but Tony and I stuck around. We put Ari down for a late nap and watched the movie "Fireproof" with my parents. Wow, what a powerful movie. It's the kind of movie that makes you think (and cry, lol), and leaves you thinking about it long after it's over.

I had the most killer headache the whole time we were at my parents' (and then crying during the movie sure didn't help it) and nothing seemed to touch it. When we got home, I put Ari to bed, goofed around online for a little while, and ended up going to bed before 10:30 PM. I know... crazy, right? I NEVER go to bed that early. But the extra sleep was definitely nice. Ari was awake before 8 this morning, so I got up with her, and like I said, we're watching a Handy Manny marathon. I think I'll go join her. Chances are, I can get her to snuggle under a blanket with me on the couch.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I feel lazy just reading about your day :)

dave + jess said...

I think Micah was joining in on your lazy Monday. The kid napped like a champ today! Which was nice because I got to visit with my friend during his long nap and D (who got out at 1pm today!) and I got to go on a date night :) Yay for lazy Mondays!!

Moz + Pam said...

Sounds like a great day @ home. I used to like snow days because all you kids would be home. Brings back memories.