Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Soap opera drama in the land of Little People

We were at Kohl's yesterday, doing a bit of Christmas shopping, when we spied a Little People princess castle. Tony thought it would be great for Ari, since she already has a couple other Little People sets.

I can't remember its exact name, but a sticker on the box said it was "a special edition Kohl's exclusive." Hang on, I'm going to Google it... OK, it's the "Little People Dance 'n' Twirl Palace" and I found it at several other stores. Upon closer inspection, it seems that the "standard" castle set available at other retailers comes with a blond-haired, white prince. Here's a picture from the Toys R Us website...



The one we got boasted 2 bonus pieces (which were attached to the top, so you could see them)--a frog and an African-American prince.



I am now dying to crack open the box and see if ours also came with the standard set's white prince. And if so... now what? Do they fight to the death over her? And what happens if she kisses the frog (who holds a scepter and has a suspicious-looking crown on his head)--will she then have three princes vying for her love? I must know.

Later, in line...

Me: You know, you're only reinforcing her girliness by buying her princess stuff.

Tony: I know. But she's got plenty of time to be a tomboy.

Me: Oh, I see your game. You figure you'll overload her with princess stuff NOW, so she'll get sick of it quicker, and then she can be the tomboy you always dreamed of.

Tony: *grins wickedly*

I am so onto him.

And a completely unrelated text message conversation with Tony, from today...

Tony: I love you. :)

Me: Love you 2, so so very very much much

Tony: I LOVE LOVE YOU YOU YOU SO SO SO SO VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH!!!!!!! ;-)

Me: Oh, fine. Just one-up me, why don't you.

2 comments:

Mary said...

You guys are nuts :) Sounds like Josh and me, but we're much more mature :)

Yeah, I wanna know how many princes are in there too!

Moz + Pam said...

Please give an update on how many princes! Looks like a cute set. What other Little People Sets do you have? I got her one for Christmas. Email me & let me know.