Sunday, November 16, 2008

Cutest little fat lip ever

I really have nothing of substance to say. Just one small story...

Ari's got a fat lower lip--she fell down before church today, and though I didn't see what happened, I'm guessing a tooth or two is what did the job. All her teeth are still intact, but her lip looks fully disgusting. Of course she was wearing a white shirt today too. Let me tell you, nothing is more fun than wrestling with a bleeding, unusually-strong 2-year-old. Let's just say it took quite a while to clean up all the blood. And she wanted nothing to do with the ice we offered her.

But once her wound stopped oozing, she was quickly back to her old self (and that probably had as much to do with me finally leaving her alone as it did with the blood flow stopping). I had to keep telling her not to touch it or bite it (she kept gnawing on it gently with her upper teeth), but luckily, it hasn't broken open again. And she's been eating and drinking normally (well, normal for her), so I think she'll pull through.

So that's my/our big excitement for the day. Poor little bugger.

2 comments:

Moz + Pam said...

Awwwwwwwwwwww! Poor Ari-baby! Give her a great big kiss better for Gramma!

Mary said...

Oh, I thought you were going to show a picture. Oh well, I probably don't want to see something gross anyway.