Friday, November 21, 2008

10 bullets, and a bonus

10 things, in bullets...

* Had a lovely dinner last night at Friendly's. Ari was 99% angelic, and the other 1% was easily dealt with. Plus, yummy ice cream for dessert.

* The thermostat in Tony's car is fixed, which means the heater will now work (which is always a good thing in the wintertime).

* Walked into Wal-Mart last night and upon seeing the jewelry counter, Ari exclaimed, "Aww! Cute!" Yeh, I don't know either.

* Arrived home last night to discover that the power was out. Was supposed to come back around 8:30. Which was a lie.

* Missed a brand-new episode of "The Office" due to power failure. Boo, hiss.

* Went to bed at 10:30 (no, not a typo or a lie--it's true) because we were so bored.

* Power came back sometime during the night (hooray for having a clock that magically sets itself).

* Will not be sleeping tonight due to an all-night teen activity. Will be fun, but exhausting. I expect the next time I see my bed will be approximately 7 AM tomorrow morning.

* Just found out my beloved "Pushing Daisies" got cancelled. It will finish out the season (still about 6 or 7 episodes left to go), but will end on a cliffhanger. NOT fair.

* One brother and family are arriving tomorrow evening, and sister and family will be here Monday evening. Let the holidays begin!


And one more thing, as a bonus...

An Ari non sequitur (for your amusement/bewilderment)...

Tony: Ari, say, Now I lay me...

Ari: Nowa laymee.

Tony: Down to sleep...

Ari: Downa seep.

Tony: I pray the Lord...

Ari: I praya Lord.

Tony: My soul to keep.

Ari: An' don't get up!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Ha! Love the bonus, that's great :)

See you this week! Love you, sis!

Moz + Pam said...

What a sweet little prayer Ari invented! How adoreable is she?!

dave + jess said...

LOL, I wonder where Ari heard "And don't get up!" before...!