Friday, August 29, 2008

Honey/hiney

Just a short Ari story, and then I'll leave you all alone.

I was listening to the "Mamma Mia!" soundtrack on my way to drop Ari at the babysitter's yesterday (before my car died). The first song on the CD is "Honey, Honey" and as the title suggests, the words "honey, honey" are repeated several times. I think it was toward the end of the first listen-through (though it may have been during the 2nd time I played it) that I heard Ari's little voice from the backseat chiming, "Honey, honey." On our way to my parents' house later that evening, she did it again--and she also chanted "Mamma mia" along with the song "Mamma Mia." On the way home from my parents' I made a point of playing "Honey, Honey" again for her, and she sang along. However, when the CD went to the next song, Ari protested. "Honey, honey," she chirped. And when that got no response, she said it a bit more urgently, "Honey, honey!" Oh, I should also mention... the way she pronounces "honey" makes it sound like she's saying "hiney." Which just makes it that much more hilarious.

Oh, you want to hear the song? Here you go... (audio only, no video)...





Widgets & Flash Toys

No comments: