Sunday, May 25, 2008

The weekend so far

Saturday was my brother Dave's graduation party. I was hoping that Ari would take an early nap, and the little angel obliged by going down for a nap at noon and waking pleasantly around 1:40, which meant we arrived at the party around 2:15--not bad, considering it started at 2. Ari was in a perfect mood the entire time--it took her a little while to warm up to the crowd, but once she did, she made herself right at home. I completely forgot my camera, but one of Dave and Jess's friends took several pictures of Ari and then made a point of burning them onto a CD for me before we left (he even ran home to get his laptop so he could do so--how sweet is that?). So, without further rambling...

I love how when we take her to a new place, every single thing in the new environment is completely fascinating to her. One of her favorite things there was the rocks that surrounded the bushes and flower beds. I told Tony that we are so buying her a box of rocks for her birthday.



I have no idea what this face is about, but it cracks me up. I think I'll see this face a lot when she's a teenager.



On a mission...



Distracted (by an airplane, maybe?)



Distracted by Auntie Jess asking her where her butterfly was. (Hint: It's on her shirt.)



Scaling a mountain...



Acknowledging her audience...



And last but not least... my favorite. I love the expression on her face.



Today was church as usual, then home for naps (for all 3 of us), and then off to Matt and Kristin's house in the evening. Again, I forgot my camera. Ari spent a good while sitting in the kiddie pool they had set up in their yard. We didn't think to bring a bathing suit for her, but we mooched a swim diaper from someone and plopped her into the pool in just that. She played until she was literally shivering--I'm not sure why she was, since it was still plenty warm out. I dried her off and got her dressed, and she did a great job keeping herself occupied the entire time we were there. We didn't even leave until well past her bedtime, and she was still in a great mood.

Tomorrow we're spending most of the day with my parents and brother Pete... and hopefully I will remember my camera this time.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Ooh, love all the pictures! Your kid is very photogenic. She's growing up so fast! Every time you put pics up she looks older. I know, that's the way it's supposed to be :) It's nice to be able to watch her grow up from far away, since I can't be there in person.

Steve and Eden said...

Congrats to Dave on a job well done! Ari is very adorable and photogenic! I'm with Mary on how it's nice to watch her grow up via the blog, since we can't do it in person.

How about getting that webcam up and going? I think it would be nice if the girls could have a decent friendship via long-distance.