Thursday, May 15, 2008

2 quick Ari stories

A couple quick Ari stories. When I got home last night, she was standing at the top of the steps, calling "Hi" down to me. I returned the greeting, and then she glanced around, as though she was trying to decide what to do next. She grabbed the nearest object--a new box of diapers--and started tugging at it. She didn't get too far with it, since it was so bulky, and I asked her, "What are you doing, you nut?" She dropped the box and replied, "It's heavy." Later that night, I grunted a little as I picked her up, and she started saying "heavy" again. She is a little sponge when it comes to picking up words now.

When we were getting ready for supper, Ari came and poked her head in the fridge along with me, as she likes to do now. She grabbed a Tupperware container, and I swear, as she handed it to me, she said, "Can you open this for me?" twice in a row. She said it quickly, and of course not very clearly (it sounded more like "Coo ope dis f'me?"), but because she repeated it, I swear that's what I heard. Tony was standing right next to me, but wasn't paying attention, so I have no witnesses. I know it's crazy to think that a less-than-2-year-old could string that many words together so perfectly, but whatever it was she said, that's what I heard.

Also, the season finale of "The Office" is tonight! The suspense is killing me. I know something huge is going to happen, but those sneaky writers have a way of surprising the audience, and I can't wait to see what they've got up their sleeves.

2 comments:

Mary said...

She's growing up so fast and changing so much. What a big girl.

We're looking forward to the season finale of Smallville tonight. That's the show we're addicted to :)

Dave + Jess said...

Ari girl has a lot to say these days :). I can't believe she's going to be TWO already in just a few short months.

D called you to talk about The Office's seaon finale. He tried talking with me about it, but I didn't watch it and wasn't that interested, so all conversation was cut short with a, "I'll call Sara."