Friday, May 23, 2008

"Mommy, color!"


So we bought Ari some of those Crayola Color Wonder markers--you know, the kind that only write on the magic Crayola Color Wonder paper instead of clothes, walls, skin, etc. We also got her a couple coloring books (The Princess and the Pea and Finding Nemo) as well as a full pad of blank paper if she really wants to be original.

So what does my creative genius do? She colors on the cardboard backing of the coloring book.



Then she spotted the camera, and said, "Mommy, color!"



And thus, picture-taking time was over.


And now it's time for some randomness...


Ari spent most of Wednesday afternoon begging to go to the mall (yes, we are training her well), so guess where we went when I got home? I didn't mind, though... especially when I snagged this awesome find in my old Disney Store...



Ignore my crazy hair and makeup-less face and doofy glasses, because, hello! Do you not see Johnny Depp on that shirt? Focus, people.

I consider that $3.99 well-spent.


At the Disney Store, Ari scored herself a 3-ft-tall plush Cinderella doll. She carried a Giselle one around the store, but for some reason, Giselle was $15.99 and Cindy was only $6.39. I love that Ari is still at an age where you can pull the old bait-and-switch on her.

I should also mention that Tony wanted to spend around $30 on a Nemo plush that was as big as Ari. The man is nuts, people. And Ari didn't even want it--she only had eyes for Giselle. I put myself into stern Mommy-mode and gave him a firm "No." I swear, sometimes I think I have two kids.


My brother has finished all his med-school classes and the graduation ceremony is today, when he will officially earn his M.D. I am immensely proud of him, but at the same time... dude. My dorky little brother is going to be a real, live doctor. Like, with actual patients with real problems and such. That is so weird.


Speaking of my brother graduating, this weekend is going to be jam-packed with stuff, starting tonight. Tonight, our church has a ladies' fellowship. Then Saturday is Dave's graduation party. Sunday is church, and then we're going to Matt and Kristin's in the afternoon for a Memorial Day cookout. Then Monday we're joining my parents and Pete at a state park to hang out for the day. I'm going to need a weekend from my weekend.


Joke of the Day:

What did the yogi say when he walked into the zen pizza parlor?

Make me one with everything.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Ooh, very nice T-shirt, though I personally wouldn't really care about having Johnny Depp on my chest. Great deal on that and the doll! I wonder if Giselle cost more cause she's still so new.

We've got a full weekend too. We have a work picnic this afternoon, and then we're driving to Josh's Grandma's house so she can meet her great-grandson. Should be fun!

Dumb joke ;)

Anonymous said...

I agree -- dumb joke. :)

Steve and Eden said...

Those markers are quite wonderful, although, I don't have any for Olyvia b/c she's still using the ones someone gave me before she was even born. Anyway... lol

Cute top! I like JD, but I'm not a big fan of t-shirts with characters on them. I'm not sure why though? I actually have some tops with characters on them, but I didn't buy a single one. lol

I can't pull the old bait-and-switch on Lyvi anymore. It doesn't work. Especially now, that she knows all the princess' names. lol She loves Enchanted. Although right now, she is all about Ariel. I so wish our Disney store was doing a sale b/c I'd totally snag an Ariel for her. lol

lol, i totally got the joke! i usually don't get your jokes until Steve explains them, but this one totally jumped out at me. lol