Friday, May 2, 2008

Shopping: What sisters do best

Today Mary and I (and Matthew, of course) ventured out to the mall. It was the first time Mary's been to the mall since she had him, and we had a lot of fun window-shopping. We had lunch at Chick-Fil-A, which I was totally psyched about, since they don't have any where I live. We stopped in the Children's Place, where Mary got an adorable outfit for Matthew. Speaking of Matthew, he did great, though he did complain any time we stopped moving (but really, what baby doesn't?). Then, he got hungry, so we searched the mall for a family-type restroom that might have a room for nursing mothers. We didn't find one, so we ducked into Sears and found not only a ladies' room with a bunch of seats in it, but a smaller changing room with seats, too. Mary fed and changed Matthew and we continued shopping. And of course, once we weren't looking for it anymore, we discovered a family restroom. At least Mary knows for next time.

We lounged around for the rest of the afternoon once we got home. Josh had a work-related party after work so he got home late. Once he was home, Mary and I made a quick run to Kohl's, where I scored some good clearance-rack deals--a sweater for $3 and work pants for $8.

Not sure what the plans are for tomorrow, but Sunday is church, of course. I think it will be nice, but a little weird, to go to church and not have to do anything.

Oh, and on a super-fun note, my throat is starting to feel a little itchy, and I just went to scratch my neck and noticed that my glands seem to be swollen. If I caught whatever it is Tony had/has, I'm in for a fun few days. Here's hoping it's nothing.

OK, and so I don't end on a depressing note... Tony told me on the phone today that when he got home with Ari yesterday, she went all through the house, calling my name and looking for me. What a sweetie.

1 comment:

Moz + Pam said...

I'm so glad you get to spend some well-deserved sister-time! ENJOY every minute of it! You'll love Mary's church & church family! They are some of the sweetest people I've met! Isn't Mary & Josh's apartment nice? I love visiting with them! Only 5 more days until I get to meet Matthew!