Monday, February 25, 2008

That's how you know...

Tony arrived home in one piece yesterday, though that one piece was a little more beat-up than before he left. He showed off several bruises he acquired from his many falls, while proudly telling me that he hadn't fallen at all on Saturday or Sunday. On the plus side, his rash is much better than it was--you can still see the patches from it, but they don't look nearly as red, and since he's not complaining about it much anymore, I'm assuming it doesn't hurt either. Either that, or he's too busy aching all over from his various bruises to notice the rash.

Ari was happy to see Tony, and greeted him with an exuberant, "Hi Daddy!" which melted his heart. I remember teasing him before he left that he was going to miss Ari more than me, and he argued that he would miss me more. Well, if the hugs and kisses Ari got before me are any indication of who he missed more... I should have made our conversation into a bet and scored some money out of this.

(Oh, and in case you're wondering, her fever appears to be gone, and I'm going to go ahead and declare her cured. I still have no idea what the fever was all about, but I'm going to pretend that my Genius Child with her Fantastic Immune System has beaten down a super-virus all by her little self. Because my kid is made of awesome.)

In the catgeory of Weird Ari Habits, she has suddenly decided she needs to clean up after me--namely, by picking up little pieces of lint/fuzzies and handing them to me to dispose of. I suppose I should take this as a sign that I need to vacuum more often? Nah, I'll just blame it on her being weird, since half the things she tries to give me are invisible (either that, or she drops them before handing them to me... or never picks them up at all...).

She decided to follow Tony outside the other day, in her bare feet, on the wet concrete. So naturally, when she came back in, those wet, naked feet were a magnet for all the dog hair on the floor. It didn't even occur to me that that would happen until I heard her grunting her "hello, something is really bothering me here" noise. I turned to see her sitting on the floor, examining the bottom of her foot. Once I got close, I saw the reason for her complaint--dog hair stuck to her foot. I did my best to brush it off (which really didn't work too well on her still-damp feet, but it seemed to satisfy her), and once her feet were dry, I put socks on her.

Later that day, she was in the bathroom with me when she started up her annoyed-grunting again. This time, it was a clump of my hair on the floor that was directly in her path and, apparently, blocking her from moving. She didn't rest until I picked it up. I have no idea where she gets this neat-freakiness from... it's certainly not from me.

In Non-Weird But Instead Very-Cute Ari News, I had her on my lap the other day, watching various YouTube videos with me. When I finished what I was doing and selected "Birdhouse on Your Soul" for her, she clapped her hands and cried, "Yay!" I am so not making that up.

I taped the Oscars last night, for the sole purpose of watching Kristen Chenoweth perform the Oscar-nominated song "That's How You Know" from Enchanted. She was adorable and pitch-perfect, as always. I ended up watching the other 4 nominee performances too (2 more from Enchanted, one from August Rush and another one from a movie I've never heard of). Tony thought it was weird that I was skipping the actual awards and only watching the performances. I told him it made sense--if I want to know who won what, it will be splashed all over the Internet today, so it's not like I'm missing out on anything.

I thought I had more to say, but I guess not.

5 comments:

Eden said...

i thought my child was the only weird one! olyvia is constantly picking "yuckies" (that's what she calls it when she finds one) up off the floor and giving them to me and says "go in trash". lol olyvia does the whole lint, hair, invisibles, etc. And heaven forbid, she should go without shoes! Shoes are like a necessary thing with her. She refuses to go around in socks only. Olyvia has some favorites on youtube as well.

I guess I should really start posting these things about Olyvia too. I just think no one will find it interesting, etc., and then you post about Ari doing the same things and I love reading about and get a good laugh at the same time. I know, I know, I'll just refer everyone to your blog (because you write sooo much better than i do - i love how descriptive you are) and say "the things that Ari is doing, Olyvia is too" lol.

Sorry to hear about all of tony's booboos. Hope he's feeling better soon.

Love you guys!

Mary said...

Ooh, Kristen Chenoweth, I should see if that performance is on YouTube. I love her voice!

I think in some way or another, all of us siblings have some form of OCD running thru our veins. And our poor children get it passed onto them. Oh well!

Mary said...

Found it! She sounds awesome. I forgot how cute the songs were in that movie. That's one I'd like to see again.

Dave + Jess said...

Ari is still a cutie! But she would not survive in our apartment with all the little/invisible things on the floor. I always thought I kept our floors relatively clean (b/c I hate stepping on little things) until the little guy I love to watch started crawling and picking up random things. Oh well, I see a lot of vacuuming in my future...yuk.

We watching the Oscars on and off for about an hour and then were totally bored with them. I never know half the movies that are up for things, so it's kind of pointless to watch. And they said that all of the big categories had foreign winners this year! Even more of a waste!

Anyway, glad to hear Tony arrived safe and sound and that Ari was so excited to have him back home. Too cute!!

Moz + Pam said...

Enchanted is such a cute movie! Do you know it comes out on DVD on March 18th?