Friday, February 8, 2008

127

In Totally Self-Centered News, I am officially back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I was 127 at my very first prenatal appointment, and this morning, my scale gave me that same number. Of course, at my 2nd prenatal appointment, I was mysteriously at 125, so that's my new goal. Two whole pounds--way to think big, Sara. Once I get there, we'll see what I can do after that. (Is it too much to wish for 110? Yeah, probably...) Right now, I'm going to celebrate 127 with a caramel Hershey's kiss. (Just one, I swear. OK... maybe 2. Shut up.)

OK, moving on... I have Ari videos to share. Lately, it seems like videos are more useful than pictures in capturing the real her. She certainly won't hold still to pose for pictures, and definitely doesn't smile on cue yet (as evidenced by the last batch of pictures I shared), but she is constantly doing and saying goofy stuff. I need a video camera running 24/7 or something... it can be like my own version of Big Brother... except with much less drama and much more hilarity.

All right, on to the videos. I put the TV on a music channel the other night--a channel called "Kidz Only!" (Yes, with an exclamation point and everything.) Don't ask me why they were playing Kelly Clarkson's "Breakaway." I don't really think of that as a kids' song, but then again, I'm thinking of kids Ari's age. (Wow, Sara... ramble much?) Anyway, she was busting out some pretty gnarly dance moves, which I now share with you. Watch and learn, people.



Then, she decided to do... well, whatever it is you call this. She likes to take clear plastic things (like this, the bag that holds her blocks, or her highchair tray, or whatever) and smush them against her face and then grin weird-looking grins at me. (And despite how it may appear, her face is not inside the plastic case. I may let my kid do a lot of crazy stuff for the sake of fun videos, but I'm not going to let her suffocate herself. Give me some credit, here.) I've never showed her herself in the mirror when she does this, but she seems to instinctively know how goofy she looks. Anyway, she does that for a minute, then she tackles me, gives me a brief cuddle, and then gets distracted because she sees a Cheerio under the closet door and she's all, "Remove this Cheerio immediately because it is distracting me and I cannot go on living while it's there."



And lastly... I promise, I did not set this up. She went to the gate all on her own and decided to give Ivan loads of loving. Before I got the camera out, she was giggling her fool head off, and of course she stopped the giggling once the camera was rolling. But it's still pretty cute, nonetheless. He is so good with her. I swear the only reason I haven't killed him yet is because she loves him so much. You'd better be grateful, Ivan.



And I don't have much more to say. My brother Pete is coming over tonight and will be staying with us all next week. Tony's dad is coming into town for a quick visit tomorrow. Then Sunday is church, as usual. Plus, there's other little things like laundry and cleaning that have to get done. So my Friday night will most likely be spent doing those things. I know--I lead such an exciting life. Jealous?

4 comments:

Mary said...

I never knew "gnarly" had a silent "g" at the beginning. Awesome. Anyways, your kid's a good dancer, and she didn't fall down or anything, despite going round and round in circles. And yeah, it looks like the plastic is over her head at first, but I figured you wouldn't let her do something like that. It's so funny how she tackled you at the end. Oh, and she must really love Ivan--that was so sweet, and I'm sure Ivan just relishes in the attention :).

Good job getting back to your pre-pregnancy weight! Is it gonna take me that long to get back to mine? Of course, I want to go past that number as well. See, I was in the process of losing weight when I got pregnant, so my little dude ruined everything! Just kidding, folks! I love him to death already :)

Anonymous said...

Excellent job! Great work getting back to your pre-pregnancy weight! As far as your 110 pound goal...go for it! Can you believe I actually weighed 110 when I was first married? Loved the video of your little ballerina! She really enjoys busting the moves, doesn't she? You go Ari-girl!

Eden said...

Oh, I love all the new videos. Ari needs to be on those reality shows with her dance moves!

Good job with your weight.

Dave + Jess said...

Ari has quite the personality! I liked when she randomly hugged your legs, with the "awwwww!" and all! Too, too cute.

Awesome job with your weight! I'm trying to be good about eating small portions throughout the day since I'm always so hungry. It works out most days...except when there are days like today where Chili's has an all-you-can-eat soup, salad, and chips lunch special... But D made us go mall walking right afterwards, so it's all good, right?!