Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Say I'm the only bee in your bonnet

There's a sweet little old lady who lives a few doors down from us, and Tony always makes a point of looking out for her (just one of the many reasons I love him). She had called him earlier in the day yesterday (I forget why) so when I got home from work, he headed off to see her. I knew he'd be gone a while, since she loves to talk (and... so does he), and I was right--he didn't get back until just before Ari's bedtime. So Ari and I had a bit of girl time. We ate dinner, goofed around, and even took a few pictures.

I kept asking Ari to smile for the camera, and she didn't want to sit still. So I bribed her with the promise of a cupcake. I'd like to think that in this shot, I simply missed her smile, rather than think that this is a defiant little pseudo-smile. (The pic is in sepia because I suck at photo-editing.) Also, Ari is the one who bestowed the crown on me. But when I asked her if that meant I was a princess, she emphatically said, "No."



I thought asking her for Eskimo kisses would convince her to hold still for a few seconds. And it did.



But as soon as we were done, she bolted for the kitchen for her reward.



Yes, I know she's not wearing pants. I had changed her Pull-Up earlier and she dashed away when I was done, refusing to let me put her pants back on. Of course it turned into a game, and then a full-on wrestling match ensued. I'm pretty sure she won. Don't let those big blue eyes and sweet golden locks fool you... she's a killer.

And that's all I've got for today.

No comments: