Wednesday, March 18, 2009

It's been forever

I know, it's been forever since I've written. Well, "forever" for me, anyway. Just a few random little bits...


So, American Idol last night. No spoilers, I promise... just my comments on the people I can remember...

Lil: *yawn*

Scott: I just adore him. His voice is so calming and soothing. And he seems so real, moreso than any of the other contestants.

Adam: Was it strange? Yes. But you can't deny that boy knows how to work a camera/stage. And his vocals were flawless.

Anoop: It is officially impossible for me to be objective about him anymore. I've got a tiny crush...

Megan: Major props for singing in spite of the flu. But please, girl--stop trying to dance.


So today I'm wearing brown pants, a cream-colored turtleneck sweater, and... sandals. Yes, it was 32 degrees when I left for work this morning, but it's going to warm up. And I am so DONE with socks and shoes, and the resulting stinky feet. I *heart* my sandals.

Hmm. I need another pedicure.


We got our tax return money direct-deposited into our account last Friday. Of course, nearly every penny of it is already spoken for, in the name of paying down debts and such. It makes me ever-so-slightly sad that at this time last year, we were using our tax return money to pay for our cruise, our fabulous cruise.

But paying down debt is good. And mature. And grown-up. And responsible.

But not as much fun.


I took Ari to the bank with me on Saturday. Before we went in, I gave her a small speech about behaving, and let her bring a doll in with her, since I knew it would take awhile. The teller gave her stickers right away, and she amused herself for the first several minutes by sticking them all on me... so I had little teeny stickers all over my hips and my butt, on my right side, since that was where she could reach. When she ran out of stickers, she wandered around with her doll, eventually leaving it on the opposite side of the room and telling me the baby was in time-out. A few minutes later, she was tugging on my hand, asking me to play hide-and-seek with her. When I told her I couldn't, she wasn't fazed... she simply put her doll in a corner, walked away, started counting, and told me the baby was hiding and she was going to find her. Apparently the fact that SHE was the one who hid the baby didn't matter.

She's a nut. But at least she behaved herself.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Ooh, I wore sandals when I went to Wal-mart today! Today was 72, but tomorrow is gonna be 52 :( It's still not awful, so I guess I won't comlain.

I don't watch American Idol, until maybe the very end sometimes, but we flipped around channels and Anoop was up there getting his comments from the judges. I didn't hear him sing, but I thought he was cute too :)

Cute bank story. Sounds familiar... oh yeah! You told it to me on the phone the other day :)

I need to blog soon. I have pics and vids and some things to say about my charming child :)

Moz + Pam said...

Ari was such a good girl in the bank! Tell her Gramma's proud of her! Yay for sandal weather!

dave + jess said...

I like Ari's improvised hide-and-seek game, very clever! She is quite the smart little girl :) I enjoyed seeing her Saturday night. I love the way she talks :)