Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A hip hippo

So, there was a weekend. Friday night, we went to get our taxes done. We were super-psyched with the amount they told us we were getting back... until they called the next morning to tell us they'd made an error and we'd actually be getting back only about half of what they originally told us. I mean, it's a little more than last year, and it sure is better than owing, but I'm still a smidge bitter about it. Whatever. It's done.

Ari was sick all weekend. Nothing major, I don't think. She had a runny nose and this horribly juicy cough, and ran a fever a couple times, but other than that, she seemed fine--her usual goofy self. She's still a bit drippy and coughy, but is on the mend. And so far, it doesn't seem like she's passed it on to me or Tony, which is a bonus.

Celebrity Apprentice started Sunday night, much to my delight. It's sad how much I love that show. Looks like it's going to be another great season.

And then... snow. We have it. Tons of it. It started Sunday night and snowed all night long, accumulating several inches by the time I woke up Monday morning. And it continued all day, leaving us with a total of 10-12". So I stayed home from work in my nice, cozy apartment.

One of the productive things I did yesterday was to make chocolate chip cookie dough brownies. I'm planning to cut them up and send half of them to my brother at college for his birthday. Of course, what he doesn't know won't hurt him, so if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen, and he'll be none the wiser. Man, I'm a horrible sister. But if you could smell/see these brownies, you would understand my temptation.

One final thing... just a couple Ari pics. The pink pillow she's laying on was a gift from Steve, Eden and Olyvia... it's a hippo pillow with a blanket inside. She hasn't used the blanket yet, but she loves the pillow. You can see that she has a regular pillow underneath it--but I think she likes having an Ari-sized pillow now.



And yes, I am aware she has way too much junk in her bed. Try telling her that.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Hey, send me some of those brownies! Pete doesn't need them--I do ;)

We don't have any snow, but it's really cold here--brr!!

I meant to ask if you liked Celebrity Apprentice or just The Apprentice, cause I saw a commercial and there were lots of contestants I recognized, one being Scott Hamilton. Maybe Mom would watch it just to see him :)

The Hippo is so cute! Matthew got a lion. When he sees it in the room, he'll reach for it, but once we bring it close, he's almost afraid to touch it. Maybe the mane intimidates him :)

Mary said...

She looks so cute as she sleeps! I just had to look at the pictures again :)

Moz + Pam said...

LOVE the pics of Ari sleepimg with her new hippo pillow!

Steve and Eden said...

Glad Ari likes her hippo!