Monday, March 30, 2009

Apparently I am sick and twisted

Monday is no day for a well-written, carefully thought-out entry, now, is it?


I saw a commercial for the animated movie "Bolt" the other day, and this particular line cracked me up: "The impossible can become possible. If. You're. AWESOME!" I think I shall make that my new life slogan. (A close second... Michael Scott's line from "The Office" after he quit: "You have no idea how high I can fly.")


ABC has some interesting new shows coming out. I've heard rave reviews about "Better Off Ted" (and from the bits and pieces I saw the other night, it looks like my kind of show), and I made a point of watching/DVRing "In the Motherhood." But there's a part of me that, every time I hear of or watch a brand-new ABC show, thinks, "Really? You thought THIS show was better than 'Pushing Daisies'?" Yes, I'm a bit bitter. Especially since there are 3 unaired episodes floating out there somewhere.


Is it just me, or are even the commercials for scary movies getting scarier? I know that nowadays, it seems like horror movies are all trying to outdo each other, to be more gory/shocking/horrifying than the previous one. And you all know I'm not a fan of horror movies--but those are (obviously) easy enough for me to avoid. But lately, I swear, I can barely watch the commercials anymore. I end up averting my eyes (only because flat-out covering them would just look silly) and waiting for it to be over. So either I'm a huge baby (which I won't deny), or these commercials are getting creepier.


Every time I use the term "Indian style" (referring to that cross-legged way of sitting), I wonder if it would now be considered politically incorrect. Should it be "Native American style"?


Tony and I were goofing around the other day at my parents' house--I tried to sit on his lap, he blocked me, I pretended to get all huffy and leave, and he grabbed me by the belt loops of my jeans and pulled me down. As he did, he said, "You know these jeans are wearing through, don't you?"

"What do you mean?"

"Back here, by the pockets. You're wearing pink underwear, aren't you?"

I checked them out in the mirror and sure enough, at the inner top corner of both back pockets, the material has frayed, and my pink panties were indeed peeking through.

The worst part of this story is that I wore those jeans to work on Friday... with bright lime green panties. *cringe*


I was watching Celebrity Apprentice last night (which, if you don't know, takes place in NYC), and their task was to manage a few rooms in a posh hotel--housekeeping, room service, check-in/-out, concierge service, etc. And all I could think when I saw the hotel was "Oooh, I should have booked my room at THAT hotel!" And then one of the celebs ordered food from the Carnegie Deli and I was all, "Oooh, I totally want to go eat there!"

I am such a sheep. I know.


But ohmygosh, you guys, I'm going to NYC in THREE days! (I'll let you decide for yourself if that exclamation point indicates sheer excitement or mild freaking-out.)


I happened to see Tony's Facebook status update from this morning...

Tony is taking Sara's car in for tires. Her car didn't die yet. It's sick and twisted--just like her. ;)

Oh, isn't he hilarious.

2 comments:

Mary said...

You're right, Monday is no day for a carefully thought-out, well-written entry.

Matthew had shots at the dr.'s today, and he is just miserable. It's Monday, everyone!

Moz + Pam said...

Have fun in NYC!