Thursday, July 17, 2008

Such a little girly-girl

Ari is just entering that little-girl stage where she's playing "mommy" with her baby dolls. When I was on the computer earlier tonight, she insisted on sitting next to me, holding her baby carefully in her lap. I reached for the camera and asked her to smile.



See how she's cradling the baby in her arms? (And, no, I have no idea what that weird bruise-looking thing is on the baby's knee. No clue how it got there.)



I asked her what her baby was doing, and she said, "Nigh-night." (It's one of those dolls whose eyes close when you lay her down.) Then she proceeded to pull the baby's eyes open.



She finally figured out that all she had to do to get the baby's eyes to open was to sit her up.



And then she laid the baby back down... and picked her nose. (No, I am not kidding, and this is not staged. She really did this.)



My mom sent her a set of 4 pairs of Disney princess dress-up shoes, and we just got them in the mail yesterday. I opened them for her tonight, and she put the Belle ones on (I swear, she picked those all by herself) and strutted around the room. She walked cautiously, staring at her feet as she wobbled in the heels, and chuckling happily to herself.



Now she is sitting next to me, putting the shoes back in the box, taking them out, putting them back in, taking them out... and this has kept her amused for at least the past 10 minutes. I keep hearing her say "Nigh-night," and I'm not sure if she's telling me the shoes are going night-night, or if she's ready to go night-night. Hopefully it's the latter, since it's past her bedtime.

Wait. Now she is piling the shoes one on top of another right next to me. And now she is lining them all up in a row. And now she is transferring them one by one into a row on the floor. And now she's putting them back in the box.

It's nearly half an hour past her bedtime, but I just can't bring myself to tell her she has to stop.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Aww, what a good little mommy she is, picking her baby's nose and everything. Hey, we real moms have to do that with our kids, don't we?

Oh, and thanx for the play by play with the dress-up shoes. I guess she really enjoys them, whether or not they are on her feet.

Dave + Jess said...

I remember playing with dolls like that. They seemed to sell ones that looked/acted more and more real as the years went by. You know, the ones you feed and then they pee and you have to change their diapers... Anyway, it's so cute how Ari interacts with the doll, like she's a little mommy.

And the shoes are too cute. I can't believe she's starting to be such a girly-girl and she's only two!!

Moz + Pam said...

Awwwwwwwwwwww...what a sweet picture of her with her baby doll! Glad she likes her Disney princess shoes! I just couldn't resist getting them for my 2 granddaughters!

Steve and Eden said...

Ahh, they love dolls at this age!!! love the shoes! Lyv got her's too.