Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Pictures from another busy weekend

I had a friend from out of town come visit for the weekend with her 2 kids. Her little girl is 6 months older than Ari, and despite having only met once before, the 2 girls were practically best friends by the time the weekend was over.

Ari likes to help Tony let the dogs out now, and he sometimes lets her hold Sasha's leash. As you can see, she takes this job very seriously. The only reason she's not wearing her shorts is because I took them off to put a belt on them (which was easier than trying to get her to hold still so I could do it while she was still wearing them).



We went to local kids' museum on Saturday, and all 3 kids had a blast. One of the rooms was a theater room which featured a dressing room with all sorts of dress-up clothes. Tony put this robe on Ari, and she declared herself "Sin-dee-ruh-ruh."



Putting fish on the conveyor belt in the fishery room...



Trying to figure out how to hold that third apple in her already-full hands...



Trying to figure out how to drive the car with her hands full... (She ended up chucking on of the apples across the room.)



Ari fell asleep in the car on the way home, and this getup is all her own doing. She grabbed the hat and put it on her head and she pulled the blanket into her lap. Only my kid would need a hat and blanket in the middle of summer.



Ari being a bad influence on her little friend. (Yes, mere moments later, they were both standing on the table.) Oh, by the way, this is the table that Tony's mom and brother gave Ari for her birthday. It actually folds up flat too (somehow), which is another handy feature. Ari loves having her very own furniture outside.



And last but not least, a random picture of me and Tony. Man, I'm short. And I was wearing heels, too.

6 comments:

Steve and Eden said...

Ahh, Ari is making friends!! Oh, look at those cute little legs!

Do email me the name of the kids museum? Maybe we can plan to take the girls next time we come your way.

Ahh, Ari likes Cinderella! Lyv likes Giselle, Aurora, and Belle, at the moment. lol

Does Ari like to play dress up with the outfits Lyv picked out for her birthday?

It looks like Ari had a lot of fun at the museum!

Oh, she's so adorable in her car seat! Is that the little "train a child" blanket that Mom got the girls for Christmas? We keep Lyv's in the car.

Nah, she's not being a bad influence, she's being a toddler!!!

That's such a nice pic of you and Tony. Please send for my fridge. I need new pics.

Hugs,
Eden

Mary said...

The orange ensemble looks good on her. Ooh, a kid's museum--I like the show on TLC called Jon and Kate plus Eight, and in one episode, they took one of their kids to a children's museum and it had all sorts of hands-on stuff.

That's a really cute table, and it is cool that it can fold flat for storage, like say in the winter time or something.

Dave + Jess said...

WoW, you really did have a busy weekend! It looks like Ari really enjoyed the kids' museum. We went to all sorts of museums during summer camp the past few years and they do a really good job being creative and holding the kids' interest. My mom jokes that the new science museum they're building in Hartford will be our children's #1 hang out...

Ari looks so much like a toddler! Her twos don't seem that terrible...yet! ;)

Moz + Pam said...

Great pic of you & Tony...can I have a copy? I love your outfit! Love Ari's outfit, too! Too cute! Email me & tell me who was visiting, okay? Now, I'm curious! Glad you had a good weekend. Friends visits are awesome!

Mary said...

Oh yeah, I like the you and Tony pic too. I forgot to mention it before :)

Kathie said...

Wow! Ari is really growing up, isn't she!
Blessings from Costa Rica