Tuesday, July 29, 2008

See that girl, watch that scene

Am I the only one who feels like this summer is just flying by? I mean, it's going to be August by the end of this week... What happened to June and July?

This week is another busy week. Here's my "schedule" (aside from work):

Tonight: Go see "Mamma Mia!"* with Dawn and her daughter
Wednesday: Church-related meeting
Thursday: Out to dinner with Tony for our anniversary
Friday: Our 10-year anniversary--I have the day off work, but we're not spending the day together. Tony is going to a huge all-day Christian music festival with Wayne while I do a girls' day with Ari and my Mom (and possibly Jess).
Saturday: Lunch with Matt and Kristin; birthday party in the afternoon

*Am I the only one who hears that movie title and thinks of "Bohemian Rhapsody"? Yes? OK, then...

I know all those events are fun events--I'm not stressing out or anything. But I guess this explains why it seems like the days are zooming by.

Random Ari story... (See, I told you I'd think of more stuff as soon as I posted that last entry...) She has started saying "bye-bye" to people/things all by herself. It used to be that we would have to prompt her to say good-bye to anyone (and we still do, with mixed results), but now she does it spontaneously... and randomly. One day when we were leaving the house, I made her take off her princess dress-up shoes to put on real shoes, and as we walked out the door, she sadly called out, "Bye-bye, shoes." Last night, as we left Target, she said, "Bye-bye Tah-git." (Yes, she knows the word "Target"--we are raising her well.) As we left the house this morning, she said "Bye-bye" 3 or 4 times as we walked out the door, swiveling her head around as though she was looking for something specific to say good-bye to. If that's what she was doing, I guess she never settled on anything--when I asked her who she was saying bye-bye to, she didn't answer. Maybe she didn't know. Or maybe it was just a generic "bye-bye" to cover everything in the house.

I thought I had more to say, but apparently not. Oh well. I suppose this balances out yesterday's huge entry. And the huge entry you'll be subjected to on Thursday night or Friday. (You've been warned.)

3 comments:

Mary said...

You know, when I'd first hear that title I would think of Bohemian Rhapsody, but after all the commercials I've seen, I just get the movie's theme song in my head. Josh and I think there is a small resurrection of musicals these days. We were thinking about the old movies with Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly and how those sing and dance movies were so popular in their time. Well, look what we have now? Mama Mia!, Hairspray, High School Musical 3's gonna be on the big screen. Just an observation. Anyway...

That's weird that you won't be together on your acutal anniversary, but you get dinner the night before together, and you're going on a cruise! Whoo-hoo!!

I am eagerly anticipating your next long entry that will review your fabulous week's events.

Steve and Eden said...

I saw Mama Mia last week. It was ok. I've now seen HM1 and HM2. Loved HM1, didn't really care that much for HM2. Hopefully, HM3 will be as good as HM1. I need to see Hairspray. Sweeny Todd was a really good musical.

When is your anniversary cruise? Happy Early 10th Anniversary!!!

Enjoy all your activities!

Dave + Jess said...

The busyness continues!! It's all fun stuff though so it's a good busy. I hope I can make it to Girls Day Out on Friday. We still don't know what time the closing is set for (lawyers!), but D told them 9am-ish so we'll see how that all works out. And, yeah, I thought Friday was your anniversay and then I thought it was weird that you had it off and wanted to do a Girls Day, but now it's all clear! We didn't do much at all for our anniversary this year...well unless you count D buying me a house, then he looks really good! ;)