Monday, July 14, 2008

Saturday: Nick's Birthday Party

(Lots of photo ops this weekend, so there's a ton of pictures to share. But I'm going to split them into 2 entries because I'm nice like that.)

This weekend flew by. On Saturday, Tony got up early to go help set up a booth for our church at a nearby town's 4th of July celebration. This town always does a full weekend celebration for the 4th of July, and they chose this weekend so as not to compete with other towns. We've gone to this town celebration for several years now, and our church had a booth there last year. After he was done with set-up, Tony came home... to find me and Ari still asleep. It was a bit past 9, I think, and it felt so good to sleep in. We all got ready and headed back into town for the big parade. We found a spot along the road with our friends Brandon and Kerry and their little ones, and were joined by a couple other friends from church and their kids. Ari and Tyler (who's about to turn 4) had a great time with the parade--Ari started doing a crazy little dance, and Tyler imitated her for a while. The parade was long, though, and the kids lost interest by the end. We headed home afterwards so that Ari could get a nap before our next event.

After she napped, we headed over to Matt and Kristin's for Nick's 2nd birthday party. The kiddie pool was out, so we got Ari changed, and she spent tons of time in there. The kid loves water.



Getting water dumped on her by "Uncle" Matt...



I just love her posture in this picture--she looks like a little ballerina or something...



When the pool got old, she kept herself occupied with Nick's tricycle (she couldn't figure out how to pedal, so she scooted herself along with her feet, Flintstones-style).



She loved this bike, too, but again, couldn't figure out the pedals...



So, she did this...



She also loved this doll stroller. I think we need to get her one. She's taken a sudden liking to her baby dolls, carrying them around, cradling them in her arms, hugging and kissing them, and wanting them in her crib when she sleeps.



I took this picture from a distance and then cropped it, so it's a little fuzzy, but I love the look on her face. Something about this picture makes her look so grown-up.



This would have been such a nice picture if someone had cooperated. (I took away her toy to get her to pose for the picture, so I suppose I deserved this.)



I wanted to get a clear shot of her shirt. It says "Love Bug" and when I saw it, I had to buy it, since I call her that all the time.



And that was Saturday. Stay tuned for the next entry, about Sunday, featuring the great fireworks show.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Ooh, I love all the pictures you put up. That bathing suit is really cute, and so is the Love Bug shirt. What a cute nickname for your baby girl :) Glad the weekend was full of funness for you guys. We really didn't do much for the 4th. We didn't even see fireworks, except on TV. Maybe next year, when Matthew's a little older.

Moz + Pam said...

Great pics of Ari, the bathing beauty! But where are the pics of the birthday boy?