Thursday, July 31, 2008

Anniversary Eve

I am happy to report that, for now, Ari's newest skill is not presenting a problem. Tony said he only had to put her back in her crib one time at naptime yesterday, and since we got home past her bedtime last night, she pretty much conked right out. I'm not foolish enough to think it will be this easy, but I also refuse to let 2 years of fantastic sleep habits be ruined. If she tries turning this into a game, I am employing the trick I learned from SuperNanny--I will pick her up, march her butt back to bed, with no eye contact, no words, and certainly no hugs or cuddles or smiles. She will not win--you don't mess with me and my sleep.

In other news, Tony also reports that she peed on the potty THREE times yesterday. When he told me this, I looked down at her and said, "What--did you decide to just grow up all of a sudden and do it all today?" A little later in the evening, she said she had to pee, so I dutifully took her to the potty where she sat there for 3 seconds and then declared, "All done." I insisted she sit a few more minutes, but nothing happened, so I let her get off. I was not at all surprised. She has always cooperated better with Tony and done things for him she won't do for me. Which should make this whole potty-training thing interesting.

Also, her hair seems to be growing super-fast all of a sudden. I swear, when she got up the other morning, it looked thicker than it had when she went to bed the previous night. And her bangs seem to be much longer on her forehead. Perhaps my long-awaited pigtail days are not far off.


I discovered a new lip gloss the other day, and it may be my new favorite. It's called "Softlips Pearl," and it says it's a "tinted lip conditioner/sunscreen." I don't do lipstick--I am a gloss girl all the way. And if the gloss has a bit of a tint to it, that's a just a bonus. Of course, I feel compelled to mention that this is the 5th tube of lip gloss taking up residence in my purse right now. I also have a Lip Smackers (strawberry), another Lip Smackers one called "Kiss of Color" (which I hate because it's sticky--I don't know why I haven't thrown it out yet; hang on... I just did), and 2 tubes of Burt's Bees--one tinted ("Rhubarb") and one called "Radiance" that has no color but has a nice minty taste. Even when I don't bring a purse with me somewhere, I always stick a tube of lip gloss in my pocket. I'm well aware that it's an addiction. But at least it's a healthy one--keeps my lips healthy, anyway.

I was looking for a pic of my new gloss... and I see that there are 3 varieties of this tinted lip gloss. And I'm really digging the "Rose" one. It looks like it's a much better shade for me. Hmmm...


I got an extra couple hundred dollars in my paycheck this week. I forget the reason, but it's something about there being an extra biweekly pay period in this calendar year, so for this pay period, they didn't take out health/dental insurance. Whatever the reason, it's always nice to have extra money. And it couldn't have come at a better time, because we're going out for dinner tonight, and Dawn is watching Ari. Not sure where we're going--but I don't really care. By the time dinnertime rolls around, I'll just be looking for a place without a long wait.


I just texted Tony to wish him a "Happy Anniversary Eve." Because I am so clever like that. But speaking of text messages... I have several text messages saved in my phone, that I just can't bring myself to delete. I'm sure you can guess who they are from. (I transcribed them exactly as they were written--hence, the "shouting," lack of puncutation, etc. My editorial comments are in italics.)

-----

GOOD I AM TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH YOU TOO

(in reply to a message from me, telling him I was so in love with him)

-----

I JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT I LOVE YOU SO SO VERY VERY MUCH MUCH! All my love, Tony

(The "so so very very much much" bit is one of those goofy, sappy little "private joke" phrases we use with each other. I made it up because I thought it was funny--and because it's really fun to say out loud. Go on--try it... See?)

-----

YOU ARE REALLY SEXY!

*blush*

-----

THANK YOU I LOVE YOU A REALLY WHOLE LOT

("A really whole lot" = another one of those goofy, sappy phrases)

-----

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! I will be home as soon as I can so get some rest after feeding Ariana. Love, Tony

(sent to me shortly after Ari was born, when I was home alone with her and he'd been out all day)

-----

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE! Yes. That's you! I LOVE YOU :-)

(I'm sure you can guess the occasion for this one...)

-----

I just ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOU SOOOOOO MUCH! :-)

(And, sometimes, no occasion is necessary...)

-----

I LOVE YOU TRULY, MADLY, DEEPLY--MORE THAN WORDS COULD EVER EXPRESS! :-)

(Savage Garden's "Truly, Madly, Deeply" is "our" song.)

-----

And then, in my "Sent" box, there is just one message, sent from me to him, that I also cannot delete. This was sent on February 15, 2006, the day after The Big Ultrasound.

O my gosh we r having a girl!

(Yup, I totally wanted a girl--I will fully admit that.)


And tomorrow is our big 10-year anniversary. Which, of course, means... be on the lookout for a big, long smushy-gushy entry all about him/us.


Widgets & Flash Toys

5 comments:

Mary said...

Ooh, I love Super Nanny--she rocks! And her methods are tried and true. I love to watch her. I've seen some other nanny shows, but they just don't do it like "Jo-Jo."

Lipgloss with mint? That sounds very refreshing and yummy for the lips. I might have to get me some of that.

Dave + Jess said...

Yay for Ari going on the potty like a big girl!!

You and Tony are so cute with the texting. D used to email the baby and me when he was doing overnights at the hospital so I'd have a message to wake up to in the morning. It's quite thoughtful and quite sweet and something that never gets old!

Moz + Pam said...

Yeah, in the old days we just wrote love notes to each other! I guess that's the old fashioned equivilant to new age text messages, huh? ;) Happy 10th Anniversary Eve! Hope you enjoy your dinner! Can't believe it's just over 5 days until you leave for California! WOW! That went fast, huh? Oh & I hope Ari doesn't start climbing out out our crib here! Really looking forward to our girls day out tomorrow!

Kristina said...

haha..it's funny because Nick and I write love notes to each other! He kind of gave up on the whole texting thing. but it's cute when I come home to a post-it-note stuck to my computer saying "you're pretty" or some other Nick comment!

YAY for Ari!!!

P.S. have so much fun in Cali!!!

Steve and Eden said...

I've seen a few episodes of Super Nanny - I like her.

Cute txts.