Thursday, June 5, 2008

Un Jour En La Vie De Sara (Part 1)

(^ Pardon my French. Har har.)


I decided yesterday morning to begin working on a "Day in the Life" type of entry. Usually the point of projects like that is to show what a typical day is like. But how was I supposed to know at 6 AM that it was going to be a non-typical day? So I present to you...

A (Not-So-Typical) Day in the Life Sara

(Also, I'm going to have to split this into 2 parts, due to the overabundance of pictures. You understand.)

At approximately 6 AM, my day begins. I am so not a morning person. (Yes, this photo is a recreation of actual events, because I am not coherent enough when I first roll out of bed to manage a camera. So the yawn is totally fake. But the part about me not being a morning person? Totally true.)



My stomach was feeling "blech" so I grudgingly took some Tums (I hate those things).



Oh, look at the time. I must make haste. (No--I'm not covered in lint. My mirror is that dirty. Ew.)



I say a silent goodbye to the sleeping husband (and Ivan too, I suppose)...



... and a silent goodbye to the sleeping babe.



I gather up my work bag, my cell, and my ever-so-fancy lunch bag...



...and I trudge through the rain to my car. (Why did I even bother straightening my hair?)



In case you were wondering what time it was, here you go. I normally leave around 7, but I was trying to get in early today. (Oh, and also--this is my lovely new stereo, courtesy of Tony who now wishes he had put it in his car and given me his old one. Too bad, sucker...)



Ahh, the breakfast of champions. (And also note the little note reminding me to get gas later.)



About one hour later (7:45 AM for the math-challenged), I am at my desk. Yes, I know I have way too much "The Office" paraphernalia decorating my desk. (Actually, you can't really tell that from this picture. But trust me--between the calendar and bunches of magnets, I do.) And I also need to update my pictures.



This entry is brought to you in part by Crystal Light. (What can I say--I'm not a coffee drinker, but I need my caffeine.)



There's a window behind my desk so with one quick swivel of my chair, I have a lovely view. (Well, when it's not a gross, rainy day anyway...)



OK, folks, I have to get to work (and stop taking pictures before people get here), so farewell for now.



*Insert Muzak and a 10-hour workday (minus a half-hour for lunch, of course, as required by law) here*

(Again, I don't normally work more than 8 hours. Remember how I said this was a less-than-typical day? Yeah. Just you wait.)

10 hours later...

So now it's 5:45 PM and I'm getting ready to drive home. And why is my hair in a ponytail now, you ask? Because I went for an afternoon walk, and my hair + humidity = grossness. You know those Garnier Nutrisse commercials where it shows the girl with sleek, shiny hair, and she dips her toe into a pool and her hair suddenly turns into a frizzy puffball? I'm here to tell you that is not an exaggeration.



I remembered to get gas. Hooray. The sad thing is, this is actually a pretty decent price around here right now. *sigh*



I'm home now and hey, check it out! No, this is not the picture you saw previously--this is 6:45 PM, not AM. I took this picture just as I pulled into my parking spot--and the previous one was taken just before I pulled out of my spot. I couldn't have planned this if I tried.



So what awaits our heroine as she walks in the door? Tune in next time to find out.

6 comments:

Mary said...

Ooh, I can't wait to find out, since you claim it's a not-so-typical day :)

I like the shirt you wore. Oh, and Matthew sleeps with his legs curled up like Ari.

Dave + Jess said...

You look so cute, Sara!! I totally don't miss getting up and go, go, going all day. And 10 hours?! Ugh. Hope you had a good rest of the night after all that!

Moz + Pam said...

I'm sorry you have to work so hard & for so long! I totally enjoyed the little insight into your day! I enjoyed seeing your desk, etc.! Can hardly wait to hear & see about Part 2!

Moz + Pam said...

I forgot to mention...sweet pic of your little angel-girl sleeping! You used to sleep the same way! Tres cute Mickey bag! Love you!

Mary said...

Mmm...just looked at your donut again (sigh) :)

Steve and Eden said...

Totally enjoyed seeing your day so far! Lyvi sleeps the same!! lol Ya'll gas is cheap!! Compared to ours that is. lol