Sunday, June 8, 2008

Like mother, like daughter

I've been holding off posting these pictures because I really wanted to see if I could find someone with a color scanner to scan these into a computer for me. But now that it's been almost 2 months, I decided, forget it, I'll just take a picture and see how it comes out. Sure, it's not the greatest, but you'll get the idea.

Below is the Mother's Day gift I received from my mom. She took 2 pictures of Ari and 2 pictures of me when I was about Ari's age, and made a collage. See?



Not only was it an incredibly meaningful gift, but it also marked the first time I have ever--EVER--seen myself in Ari. I mean, sure, I've seen pictures of myself as a baby/toddler, but to see them right next to Ari's pictures made it all click for me. Especially these 2, where we have almost the same expression.



Unreal, isn't it? The only difference is that our hair and eye color are totally different. It's like she's a lighter version of me.

So thanks again, Mom, for a gift that I will treasure forever.

4 comments:

Steve and Eden said...

What a wonderful gift! You guys do look similar.

Moz + Pam said...

Like I've always said, she looks so much like you did when you were little!

Dave + Jess said...

Amazing! I always thought that Ari had a Tony-face, but seeing those pictures, she definitely has a Sara-face, too. Although that nose is still a Tony-nose. I remember seeing it when she was first born and thinking how distinctly Tony's it was. Too cute, can't believe it was almost 2 years ago already!

I'm excited to see what/who our baby will look like. I've had one clear dream about it, so we'll see if he looks like the baby in my dream.

Mary said...

Wow, she is your daughter all right! You guys are/were both so cute!!