Friday, June 6, 2008

Un Jour En La Vie De Sara (Part 2)

NOTE: If you haven't read Part 1 yet, you probably should. I mean, it's only logical...

. . . When we last left off, our heroine was just arriving home after a long day of work . . .

Oh, before I continue, let me clarify something from the last entry. I said a 10-hour workday is not typical for me, but never explained why I was working 10 hours. I came in late on Monday and rather than use up sick time, I was attempting to make up for it. And I needed to leave early for a doctor appointment on Thursday, too. Also, I only intended to work one extra hour yesterday, but due to my extreme lack of math skills, I worked an extra half-hour on top of that hour without realizing it. So none of this, "Oh, poor Sara, working 10 hours." I brought it on myself. Anyway, back to my day...

When I opened the door, the Welcoming Committee was there to greet me. (They are easily distracted...)



So I'm thinking now might be a good time for dinner... hmm, decisions, decisions...



Eh, screw dinner--I've got the house to myself (Tony and Ari are at the mall), so I'm going to take advantage of having no husband or kid to entertain and go for a walk all by my little old self. Here I am in all my workout-clothes glory...



So I go for a 30-minute walk, and when I get home, I realize I hadn't let the dogs out. In order to get to the back door, I had to stumble through this disaster. Can you tell that a toddler lives here? A toddler who has to get out every. single. toy... every. single. day.



I let the dogs out to do their business. They don't seem to mind having their pictures taken.



By now, it's about 7:30, and dinner sounds like a really good idea. Invigorated by my walk, I make the healthy choice. (And I figure it makes up for my less-than-healthy breakfast, right?) But, alas, I soon discover we have no milk. Look at my sad, dry little Mini-Wheats.



So it's off to the grocery store. I would have taken pictures, but you've already seen a picture of my car, so that would be kind of redundant. I return home with my milk, and all is well with the univer-- Hey! Where did that candy bar come from?!



I settle down with my dinner at one of my favorite spots in the house--my computer--and begin working on the previous entry, expecting Tony and Ari to be home any second (since it's now 8 PM, which is Ari's bedtime).



Then I get a call from Tony, who tells me they're still at the mall, and Ari's having a blast and not acting at all tired, and apparently they have no intention of coming home anytime soon. So I am still home alone--and this is just another example of why this is not a typical day.

Tony and Ari finally shuffled in the door around 9 PM. The dogs were there to greet them as well.



I told Ari it was time to go night-night, and this was her response. OK, Miss Literal.



She gave Daddy a hug goodnight, and then we headed upstairs.



This is Ari "brushing her teeth." Yeah, notice how the toothbrush is most certainly not in her mouth.



After brushing her teeth (yes, I intervened), we went in her room, and this is what she did. And she just stood there like that, grinning up at me. Tony keeps saying he wants to enroll her in a gymnastics class when she's a bit older, and I'm thinking he's on to something.



And just in case you think she's just way too cute, here's a picture guaranteed to gross you out. Yes, she's doing just what you think she's doing--picking her toe jam. (At least she's not eating it. This time.)



Ready to go night-night. (Look how tired she looks.)



After she went to bed, I got on the computer and spent a bunch of time putzing around with these pictures. I watched the end of a CSI episode with Tony, and then finally got off my butt to get ready for tomorrow. I picked out (and ironed) my outfit for tomorrow...



... and took my drugs (Claritin and birth control).



*ahem* What? I needed a bedtime snack. Oh, hush--I only had a couple bites.



And then it was off to bed. Don't ask what time I went to bed--you don't want to know.

So, I should probably have some grand closing line, but I don't, so... um... The End.

4 comments:

Mary said...

That was so exciting. I'm glad I stuck around for the conclusion ;)

I like the puppy pics and the Ari pics. that girl is a goofball. Oh, I like the pic of the ice cream too. Makes me want some. Doesn't take much to make me want some :)

Steve and Eden said...

Enjoyed seeing a day in your life! Ari is such a cutie!

Moz + Pam said...

Sounds like a perfect ending to any day! Putting your munchkin to bed & enjoying a bedtime snack!

Dave + Jess said...

Good job with the walking, I would think it'd be hard to get motivated after working for so long.

Yummy dinner. They were my favorite a while back. I'm on to Apple Cinnamon Cheerios.

D and I got a good laugh out of the pic of Ari on the floor going to sleep. She's too much!

Reading about your day makes me tired. Baby needs a nap...