Tuesday, November 6, 2007

On the mend

Ari and I both seem to be on the mend. I'm back at work today, feeling like my head is going to explode, but that's probably mostly from sitting down and not moving much all day. Mostly I just feel tired--that dragging, exhausted-type of tired you feel when you're sick. Ari was in a good mood this morning when I woke her up, and she didn't sound as congested as I thought she would be after a whole night of laying down. Tony just picked her up from the babysitter's and called to give me the report--she had a great day, and even ate well for Mary (no surprise, since she always eats well for Mary). I'm sure she'll be good as new by tomorrow or so, while it will take my old body a few more days to shake this off.

Tony was complaining of a scratchy throat last night. I hope he's not getting this too.

* * * * * * * * * *

Tomorrow night we have our first interview with the people from the co-op place. I suppose I should be nervous, but I'm actually looking forward to taking another step in this process. It just seems like it's been dragging out for so long. We will be meeting in the empty unit, so that's part of the reason I'm looking forward to it--we'll get to see the place we'll (hopefully) be moving into. We had friends who had a 3-bedroom unit (that's how we found out about this development in the first place), so I've seen their place, but haven't seen a 2-bedroom unit. But again, even if it's the same size as what we have now, or a smidge smaller, it has a full, finished basment and a garage, so the extra storage will be awesome. Not to mention the way-cheaper rent.

So wish us luck with our interview. I figure if nothing else, Ari will surely charm the pants off them. How can they say no to us once they see her gorgeous face?

* * * * * * * * * *

As of today, it is officially just ONE MONTH until I get to go see Wicked. And as of tomorrow, it will be LESS THAN one month.

I'm only a little excited. Can you tell?

* * * * * * * * * *

I cleaned my rings last night, and I have to say, every time I clean them, I am just blown away by my diamond solitaire. I mean, this sucker is already over 10 years old, and it still takes my breath away when it gets all shined up. I've been sneaking glances at it all day, and even tilting my hand to make it catch the light.

Tony did a fantastic job. I love this ring as much today as I did on the day he gave it to me.

(Funny story about that day--I was so swept away by the emotion of the moment when he proposed, that it was a full 5 minutes or so before I even looked at the ring. He asked, I said yes, he slipped the ring on my finger, we kissed, then hugged and stood in the spot... until finally I gasped, "Oh, I didn't even look at the ring yet!"

At least he knows I didn't just say yes because of the rock.)

2 comments:

Mary said...

I'm sorry you still feel poopy, but I'm glad Ariana's feeling better. Hopefully Tony won't get sick from you guys. There's a big family in our church, and whenever one of them gets sick, at least a couple others get it as well.

I'll be praying for your interview and that all goes well. I'll also pray that Ari is totally charming and not grumpy at all ;). When will you guys move? I'd love to be able to see your place when I'm up there.

You're going to see Wicked? Did you tell me that? Have you seen it before? Boy, this pregnancy brain of mine is really working overtime lately. I feel like I can't remember anything these days!

That reminds me--I need to get my rings cleaned. I haven't done it in forever! My engagement ring is starting to get uncomfortable, either from weight gain or swelling, something like that.

Anonymous said...

So glad Ari's on the mend. Hope you follow in her footsteps soon! Let us know how your interview goes! When do we get to see your new place?