Thursday, November 15, 2007

My mouth hurts (and other nonsense)

I bit the inside of my cheek really hard yesterday when I was eating lunch. And it really hurts right now. Just thought you would like to know.

* * * * * * * * * *

Yesterday, someone brought in chocolate chip cookies, and today, someone brought in a blueberry streusel coffeecake. With the holidays around the corner, this is probably just the beginning of the constant parade of various goodies.

I need some willpower. I needed it 5-cookies-and-a-large-slice-of-coffeecake ago.

* * * * * * * * * *

Tomorrow night is our annual huge all-nighter teen activity. Starts at 6 PM (roughly) and ends at 6 AM the following morning. It's not just our church who does it--another organization puts it all together, and there are thousands of teens there. It all starts with a hockey game, then a rally with a bunch of goofy games and prize and a short message from a speaker, then off to do 2 of the following: open gym, roller skating, or bowling.

Usually I look forward to this event, but this year, for some reason, I just can't get excited about it. I'm sure I'll be fine once I get there, but I must be getting old, because the thought of staying up all night is so unappealing. We've done this event for the past 6 or 7 years, and I've always had a good time--hey, just about anything seems hilarious at 3 AM when you're all hopped up on caffeine and sugar. And if you can make it past that low point around 2 AM or so when you feel too sleepy to go on, staying up all night really isn't that bad.

One of the "rules" we always have is that no one is allowed to sleep--Tony and I always give the teens a hard time when they get sleepy, because we say, "Hey, we're older than you--if we can stay up all night, then so can you!" It's all in good fun, but I know I will never, ever hear the end of it (from Tony AND the teens) if I try to sneak off somewhere to sleep.

The good news is that my mom said she can watch Ari during the day on Saturday, so that we can sleep. But since I'm giving my brother a ride home, I'll probably end up sleeping at my parents' house. I'm sure at that point, I won't care where I am, just as long as I'm sleeping.

* * * * * * * * * *
I have more Ari videos waiting to be uploaded, but they are at home and I am not. I was wanting to get them online tonight, but I think I have too much to do for that to happen. Which makes this whole paragraph pretty pointless and a lame way to end this entry.

Oh well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you bit inside your mouth! Ouch! I know how much that hurts because I do that from time to time, too! Only the result is I usually get a whopper of a cankor! (sp.?) Hope your mouth heals quickly & that you enjoy the all-nighter!

Mary said...

Josh and I were asked to help with an all-nighter last year with our church's teenagers. We went skiing and ate at IHOP at three in the morning. I'm younger than you, and I couldn't handle that. It threw me off in weird ways, and I've vowed never to stay up all night again. I guess my peak years were in junior high, when I wouldn't sleep at slumber parties.

Eden said...

Have fun at the all nighter! Steve is planning for us to pull an all-nighter when we go up to SF for Cirque. It starts at 8 pm and after that he wants to go to a movie, and then drive home. The show is 2.5 hours long, and then we have to deal with traffic, go to a movie = another 2.5 hours, and then drive home. I'm thinking we won't even get home until the wee hours of the morning. I don't know if I'm up to it all. I'd much prefer to come home after the show, sleep, and then go to church. lol. WE'll see how it will play out.

I really don't mind staying up late, it's the driving tired that bothers me. Ever since Steve fell asleep at the wheel and drove off the road on our way to CT (when Ari was born), I just don't like driving when we're tired.

This is all very mundane, so I'll shut up now. lol

Love you guys.