Tuesday, December 1, 2009

New niece (and other news)

Thanksgiving update, bullet-style....

* Biggest, most-fabulous news first... My sister had her baby on Wednesday! A gorgeous little girl, Esther Azar (Azar = my sister's middle name). I get to visit them in January and canNOT wait.

* 9 1/2 hours in car for a trip that should only take about 6 hours is highly annoying. Thank God the trip home wasn't that long. And that Ari, for the most part, was good.

* Forgot the camera, so I have no pictures to share. FAIL.

* Ari warmed up very quickly to all the relatives this time. Probably because she's old enough now to actually remember them. But it's still sweet to see her hugging and loving on them so easily.

* Had 2 Thanksgiving dinners, only a few hours apart. Good thing I skipped breakfast that day.

* Tried pecan pie for the first time. And not just pecan pie, but pecan pie with chunks of chocolate in it. Mmm...

* Celebrated Christmas while we there. Ari was spoiled rotten. Among her gifts--a train set, and a tool bench with an extra set of tools. Love it.

* Did a little Black Friday shopping. Went out at a normal time instead of killing ourselves to be up and out before sunrise, which means I didn't get the Chi hair straightener I had my eye on, but oh well. Still got some other sweet deals.

* Among the Black Friday deals was a new camera. But since we had no memory card for it, there were still no pictures taken. By us, anyway.

* Not a Black Friday deal, but I got my hands on the "Glee" soundtrack, Volume 1--happy early birthday to me. I am already wearing the poor sucker out. Will definitely be getting Volume 2, which comes out December 8.

* Went to IHOP with Tony's dad, and was all excited to finally try their eggnog pancakes... and then at the last minute, I chose gingerbread instead. A woman's prerogative, you know. But they were so yum.


And to end, a couple Ari conversations...


While getting ready for a football game to start...

Tony: Ari, say "Go Titans!"

Ari: (enthusiastically) Go Titans!

*pause*

Ari: (confused) They're not going.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


As she snuggled up to me on the couch last night...

Me: Ari, are you tired?

Ari: *sigh* Yes. I had a busy day.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Dinnertime conversation with Ari...

Me: (trying to remind her to eat) Hey Ari, how many bites of chicken do you have left?

Ari: 1... 2... 3... 4... 5. I'm going to be 5 years old.

Me: Well, yes, you will be, someday. But what are you going to be next?

Ari: (being silly) I'm going to be 1 years old! After 3 comes 1.

Me: Nooo... what comes after 3?

Ari: (giggling) 4!

Me: Right, you're going to be 4 next. What are you going to be after you're 4?

Ari: 5!

Me: Yup. And what are you going to be after you're 5?

Ari: 6!

Me: And what are you going to be after you're 6?

Ari: 40!

Me: Oh really? Then what are you going to be after you're 40?

Ari: 100!

Me: OK, so... you're going to be 4, then 5, then 6, then 40, then 100?

Ari: Uh huh.

Me: Gotcha.

2 comments:

Moz + Pam said...

Wow! I couldn't eat 2 Thanksgiving dinners in just one day never mind a few hours apart! I bet you were stuffed! I can't believe you forgot your camera as I was looking forward to pictures! Can't wait to see Ari tomorrow! :))

Mary said...

Ooh, I'm at the top of the list--I feel so special :)