Friday, November 20, 2009

5-car pile-up and more

Just some random stuff...


I was late to work this morning due to traffic caused by a 5-car pile-up. Which reminded me... when I was a little kid, I used to take the word "pile-up" literally--in my head, I pictured cars literally stacked one on top of the other. So it always amazed me when they would talk about a huge number, like a 10-car pile-up, because I couldn't imagine how that many cars could get all stacked up like that.

Yeh, I was a super-smart kid.


I downloaded Pandora to my BlackBerry a couple days ago (if you don't know what it is, it's an online radio station/program/thing) and I love it. I've been having fun playing with it--you create your own stations, and you can thumbs-up or thumbs-down the songs, and it will remember and try to pick songs that it thinks you will like. Anyway, my point is, it's nice to have music when I'm working out now. There's a little nook on the treadmill that holds my BlackBerry perfectly and what's better, it even amplifies the sound. I am a happy girl.


I was trying to get Ari to hurry and do something the other day (walk up the stairs, I think?), so I said to her, "Come on, let's go." Then I found myself chanting, "Let's go, let's go, let's really go, let's fight, let's fight, let's really fight, let's win, let's win, let's really win, let's go, fight, win!"... an old cheer I learned when I was a cheerleader in high school. It came out so automatically that it made me laugh. And then it made me sad because there are probably a lot of important things I should be remembering that my brain has obviously rejected in favor of that super-lame cheer.


Ari asked me for some paper to color on a few nights ago. Then when she was done, she marched her little self right into the kitchen and hung all 3 sheets on the fridge by herself. I don't know if it was her way of saying we're bad parents who never hang her artwork on the fridge, or if she was just saving us the trouble, but either way, it made me chuckle.


Since we're talking about her... a couple Ari conversations...

Me: Ari, how did you get that boo-boo on your knee?

Ari: I fall down later. I kinda tripped a little bit. But don't touch it because it very, very hurt.

* * * * * * * * * *

During a playdate...

Ari: But yesterday, Abby wouldn't let me have a turn!

Me: Um, that just happened 5 minutes ago.

* * * * * * * * * *

In the car last night...

Ari: Mommy, have you ever been to a volcano?

Me: Nope.

Ari: Maybe sometime I can give you a ride, in Daddy's car, in the front seat, and we can go to one.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Dude, I totally thought the same thing about car pile-ups when I was younger too. And I'll find myself saying a cheer here and there, or doing one of the beats. That's so weird, isn't it?

Moz + Pam said...

What's that anonymous thing on your comment section? Anyway, LOL to the conversations with Ari!