Thursday, November 12, 2009

Conversations with the nut-burger

Just an entry starring Ari, with special guest stars me and Tony...


Ari: Do you know what I'm thinking?

Tony: What?

Ari: That Mommy loves me.

Tony: Aw, does Mommy love you?

Ari: No, the doggies love me.

(Apparently, not even SHE knows what she's thinking...)


Me: Ari, you're silly.

Ari: No I amn't!

Me: "Amn't"? *laughs* Ari, you're silly!

Ari: No I amn't!

Me: *laughs*

(Repeat at least 2 more times, for my own entertainment.)


Ari: At church, I sat next to Megan.

Me: You mean Miss Megan, or your friend Megan?

Ari: My friend Megan. Mommy, can you say "Megan"?

Me: Uh... Megan.

Ari (proudly): Good job, Mommy!

(I guess she failed to notice I'd said it twice already?)


Ari: Mommy, can I sing "Mamma Mia"?

Me: Sure, go for it.

Ari: I'm gonna sing it all by myself!

Me: OK, sweets.

Ari: *pause* Um, Mommy, can you sing it with me?


Me: Ari, you're a nut-burger.

Ari: No, I'm not!

Me: Yes, you are.

Ari: Yes, I--no, I'm not!

(Ahh, the old Looney Tunes switcheroo...)


Me (to Ari): On Saturday, Gramma and Grampa are coming over for a Thanksgiving dinner.

Ari: What's Thessgibbin?

Me: Thanksgiving is a special day where you eat a lot of food and talk about the things you're thankful for.

Ari (without missing a beat): I'm thankful for my doggies.

Tony: Well, I'm thankful for Mommy and Ari.

Ari: And I'm thankful for my toys.

Tony: Are you thankful for Mommy too?

Ari: And I'm thankful for my toybox...

(I'm going to pretend she simply didn't hear him...)

2 comments:

Mary said...

your kid is a nut-burger. I think that name describes her perfectly :)

Moz + Pam said...

She's definitely a nut-burger! ;)