Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Day, part 2

OK, so where did we leave off with my last entry? Right... we headed down to my parents' house around lunchtime. Ari had a huge pile of gifts waiting for her. (All the ones to her left are hers. The ones behind her, by the tree, were for her cousin Micah. Oh, and few might have been for us grown-up kids and kids-in-law.) Don't you just love her hideous fake smile? *sigh*



I took a random picture of our feet because my mom gave me these totally awesome socks. Lookie! They're green and red and sparkly AND they have a furry cuff!



And then there was present-opening. So much present-opening. I shall try to refrain from showing you every single gift.

Ari was really getting into tearing off the paper. I love how she throws her whole body into unwrapping this giant box.



She got a ton of books! That makes her mommy super-happy.



She got some girlified Legos. When we opened them later, she was all excited when I offered to build her the car... for about 5 minutes. She lost interest, but for some reason, I kept building the silly car (which took me forever since I couldn't find the pieces I needed), and then I went on to build a house. It's obviously been way too long since I played with Legos.



Showing off another gift, with Grampa in the background.



She finally has her own nail polish, so she can stop mooching mine. (Though... hmm... I might have to mooch hers now. Hey, it's only fair...)



A Mickey Mouse Clubhouse purse.



My mom got her these 2 absolutely gorgeous dresses. The other one is mostly black, and then the skirt had gold detailing on it. And both of them came with a little doll-sized dress.



And how convenient... here's a doll to fit into the doll-sized dress...



My silly brother Pete, acting way too excited about one of his gifts. My sister and her family got this for him, as a gag, since he works at McD's.



My mom, and my handsome little nephew Micah.



My SIL Jess, Micah, and my brother Dave.



And lastly, a few of my favorite shots of the day. Ari and the tree. I know, she's not smiling, but I like her tilted pose.



I so love Daddy-daughter shots.



And I love candid ones even better.



And a family shot. Oh, that reminds me... we got some "proofs" from the portraits our neighbor took for us. I haven't had a chance to look at them closely, but they look really good. Hopefully I'll be able to share those at some point.



And one last picture. This is from church on Sunday... the kids rehearsing for their part of the Christmas program. That's Ari, 4th from the right. (And that's the back of my big ole' head in the foreground.) She didn't sing all the words, but she sure did shake her hips! That's my girl.



And so concludes the Christmas pictures. I do have more pictures to share--they're not necessarily Christmasy, but they were a Christmas gift. Those will be coming at some point.

3 comments:

Moz + Pam said...

Great pictures thanks for sharing them!

Mary said...

I like that candid shot too :) And Ari's Christmas dress looks really cute from Sunday :)

Mary said...

And all I can say to that picture of Pete is, Oh my! What has college done to him? :)