Friday, December 4, 2009

What am I going to do when I wake up?

I got a freelance job yesterday evening, and spent a solid 3.5 hours working on it. Kind of killed my evening, but I know the paycheck will make it worth it. He also told me he has another job for me this weekend, which means more money in the bank. Sweet.


I lost my sunglasses a few days ago, and was a little distraught. They were my favorites, not only because I got them on clearance for $6, but also because they actually fit me perfectly (with most sunglasses, the arms go way past my ears, so they slide down all the time). And I also loved them because they have a ton of memories attached to them now. They were my constant companion on our cruise last year...



That's me (in case you couldn't tell--I know sunglasses are such a great disguise) in St. Maarten, shell-hunting on the beach. Ahh, that cruise... I miss it. I want another.

Anyway, I'm happy to report I found my beloved sunglasses under my passenger seat this morning. Why I hadn't thought to look there earlier, I don't know.


Tony is going with a bunch of guy friends to a college football game tomorrow. The game isn't until 8 pm or so, but they're planning to tailgate most of the afternoon. This is becoming a yearly tradition--I believe this is the 2nd or 3rd year they've done it, and they keep adding more guys to the group each time. I'm sure they'll have a great time, and me, I'll be having a great time all snug and cozy in my nice warm house.


I was in the mood for a hot chocolate a couple mornings ago. There's a Dunkin Donuts like 2 seconds down the road from me. But by the time I was ready to leave (I was running a bit early and everything), I decided that it was too much effort.

It's a sad day when you realize that you're too lazy for even the drive-thru.


We taught Ari a while ago to say "bless you" when someone sneezes. On her own, she decided to start blessing coughs as well. And anytime she has a little fit of coughs/sneezes, she'll say that she has the "bless-yous." It's too adorable to correct.


I've just recently noticed that Ari calls our "office" the "opposite room." Or maybe she's trying to say "office" and it's coming out "offosite"? Either way, it's so cute.


At bedtime a few nights ago...

Me: (leaning down to kiss her) Good night, Ari.

Ari: What am I going to do when I wake up? [<--That's become her standard bedtime question.]

Me: Well, you're going to hang out with Daddy and Mommy's going to go to work.

Ari: How about you stay home and Daddy goes to work?

Me: (smiling) Aww, it doesn't work like that, sweetie.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Aw, what a cute conversation :) Matthew says bless you, but only because he hears us say it and he copies everything we say.

Moz + Pam said...

That's cute how Ari says "I have the bless yous"! LOL! I like how she wants to know what she's doing the next day, too! Too cute!